The 2015 Football Commitment List

From GoZips.com

AKRON, Ohio — University of Akron head coach Terry Bowden has invited all students, faculty, and fans to the Zips' inaugural interactive experience to celebrate National Signing Day on Wednesday, Feb. 4.

Festivities will take place at 3 p.m. at the University of Akron Student Union (Starbucks stage).

All students, faculty, and fans will have the opportunity to meet the Zips' mentor, ask questions during the press conference, and win prizes for attending. During the hour-long engagement, all will learn about the signees and watch video highlights.

Fans may tweet their questions to Bowden in advance, using the hashtag– #AskBowden.

The Signing Day event will also be streamed live on GoZips.com.

Akron football opens the 2015 season at Oklahoma on Sept. 5.

Available on site, season tickets for Akron Football start at only $60 each and are a 40 percent savings over single-game tickets. Fans can make non-refundable deposits for season tickets for $25 per seat anytime at GoZips.com/Tickets, or from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET on Mondays through Fridays by either calling 1-888-99-AKRON (25766) or visiting The C.P. and Cornelia S. Chima Athletics Ticket Office at InfoCision Stadium - Summa Field (located at 375 E. Exchange Street, near Gate 1 at the southwest corner of the venue, at the corner of E. Exchange and S. Union streets).

Season ticket holders will be able to renew their tickets online beginning on February 4 at 9 a.m.

Question for Bowden: Recently a certain college down south won the National Championship. Why should the Akron community, or those in NE Ohio, show up and show out for the Zips?

I'm curious if he'd give the fiery and passionate speech that we know he can give us (in front of cameras?)

Question for Bowden: Recently a certain college down south won the National Championship. Why should the Akron community, or those in NE Ohio, show up and show out for the Zips?

I'm curious if he'd give the fiery and passionate speech that we know he can give us (in front of cameras?)

Because we're all #Teamohio :moon:

Balsy I PROMISE that I just heard somewhat of the reply, in my home, not 30 minutes ago straight from Coach TB !!

Bowden was passionate (or a great actor) when he looked me in the eye and said (kinda verbatim)

"You're son is coming at the absolutely perfect time in the program" ..... And went on with the mistakes HE made and knows they should have been 8-4 ..... Praised all the kids and the effort .... Great stuff ...... Feel 100% confident with turning my boy over in July !! Fires me up !!!

1. HEAVY emphasis on recruiting south Florida .... Mentioned the win over USF for the Gilbert kid !! Also laying down lines in this area

2. Talked about every recruit/transfer and where they were gonna fit in .... It was impressive

3. Talked about year four and some of the parallels to other rebuilds that he has been through ...... Very convincing

4. Talked about making some good contacts in the local area that he feels will pay off big !! Frankly said, " when we win this year and get to the MAC championship and a bowl .... Then it will be fun !!!

Great visit, wonderful guys ...... Cannot wait until March ...........

Trying to post the picture but can't figure it out ...... Lol

• Like 1

Wants a true "dual threat" at QB ....... Speaks highly of Chapman. Says it is an open competition in the spring but I think he likes Chapman ....... Says that he has some good young talent at QB

Definitely a more Malzone type of offense, wants to speed it up ..... Talked about needing the H-back and also some more FB ..... Spoke about the o-line was very fired up about the new O-line coach

• Like 1

Wants a true "dual threat" at QB ....... Speaks highly of Chapman.

Coach Bowden has repeated this multiple times publicly "we need to find a way to win at Akron." During a conversation with a small group of ZN members he told us a few years back (paraphrasing) "I don't like my QB to run because when he is at the bottom of the pile it's hard for him to get back to the line of scrimmage and get lined up." The fact that he wants a dual QB shows that he is willing to alter/evolve his thinking and look for new ways (for him) to 'win at Akron.' Love it.

And I LOVE the heavy emphasis on recruiting south FLA. That's where I would get my physical X receiver (the guy on the line) that can get down field. If we can get this, the rest of the receivers will fall into position. Defenses killed us at this position last year, and once our guy got jammed. And it was rare our QB looked back over there crippling the timing of the rest of the routes. I thought for sure we would score this guy (X) from a junior college, or a transfer this off season. This is one of my bigger concerns behind QB and RB, but to my understanding, those are being addressed.

Nice ............. Always nice to get a flip from a conference school !!! Great stuff !!!

Riggins is ultimately choosing Akron over offers from NIU, Cincinnati, Coastal Carolina, Utah State, Hawaii, and Ohio.

Two conference opponents and an area recruiting rival ..................... Nice

Anyone worried about my boy Bowden still? :rock: I'm going to reinstate my hypothesis again (Jrship hopefully has the same feeling from the guy): Coach Bowden is hear for the long hall. He is the guy to turn this program around. He will retire as Akron head coach.

But okay...does Riggins stand a better chance of getting more PT as a safety at Akron than as a LB at NIU?

• Like 1

But okay...does Riggins stand a better chance of getting more PT as a safety at Akron than as a LB at NIU?

He certainly appears to have a better chance to contribute EARLY at UA.

I hope he can hit like Bre Ford, because we missed that element when #23 went out early in the U@B game. Bre wasn't particularly quick or fast and he gave away height to just about every opponent, but he sure could deliver a pop.

I might be in the minority, but I really like what I see of RB Van Edwards, particularly his vision and cutback ability.

The class is shaping up in the home stretch, but I'd still like to see a few more O-linemen.

• Like 1