Game #11 UMass

Lee Adams

I have to assume Whipple's kid is expected to be the UMass starting QB, because the Zips are 7 point favorites.

This makes me wonder. In the history of college football, how many teams have been favored for the 5th game in a row after losing four straight games? This is truly a strange set of circumstances.

I saw Duke do some real creative things last weekend against a talented defensive line. Using either one or two backs, they used a TE in the slot next to either tackle to run power plays or pull the TE to block on counters.

Dukes coach is very creative and ran a large variety of plays one can run at a school that takes brains to attend. Turnovers killed them.

Reading this story, I have no idea how UA can be a 7 point (and rising) favorite. Even if Frohnapfel doesn't play, UM has a couple of quality backs with an offensive line that is improving. Woodley, in particular, was a highly recruited Floridian (maybe the cold is our great hope). Couple that with the body language of the defense over the last few games and I don't feel very confidant.

I'm going to do something that I rarely do: predict a Zip defeat. If the Zips win, I'll be more than happy to eat crow. I'm just sick of having the Zips lose AND being wrong :)

Minutemen 27

Zips 20