Maryland and Georgetown

I think the NSCAA coaches poll only includes games thru Sunday....so we don't see the benefit of this win until next week

http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-soccer-national-rankings/men

st. louis is #14 in top drawer soccer weekly poll....so the zips have another chance for a win that will help them greatly in the RPI

Leaving Ludwig Field now...strutting with my Zips hat on. Score was 3-2 but we looked great. First Maryland goal was questionable...looked like an amazing save to me. We packed it in after being up 2-0 and that was tense. We hit the gas and went up 3-1...packed it in and gave up another. BELIEVE ME this is a tough place to win. Unbelievable road swing ZIPS! We beat both Maryland and Georgetown who both sent former #1 UCLA back to the west coast with their tails between their legs. Keep it going men....

http://www.collegesoccernews.com/index.php/polls/csn-top-30-poll/797-college-soccer-news-top-30-national-poll-week-ending-september-6-2015

college soccer news did their poll after sunday's nights game...they had the zips at #22....as a result of the win over Georgetown

St. Louis #15 in their poll

It was an appropriate time for a coach to call the refs out and take the yellow card. There was some home town stuff going on. The team was inspired after the yellow card….. Nice job coaches!!

A coach must choose his spots to do this. This manuever should only be employed infrequently.

Nice job, coach!

It was an appropriate time for a coach to call the refs out and take the yellow card. There was some home town stuff going on. The team was inspired after the yellow card….. Nice job coaches!!

A coach must choose his spots to do this. This manuever should only be employed infrequently.

Nice job, coaches!

Agreed, Holding on to a 3-2 lead AT MARYLAND if 5 minutes to go is a good time ;-)

Absolutely was the perfect time and well done ... Jared started the "conversation" with the ref and then Leo came over and took the YC. Players were definitely fired up after that. Great job!!

Nice video of one of their "blunders". I'm sure we'll never get to see a video of their first goal...the one Jake saved, but the AR said went in. Nevermind soccer is not like American Football; the ENTIRE ball must go over the goal line to score.

Nice video of one of their "blunders". I'm sure we'll never get to see a video of their first goal...the one Jake saved, but the AR said went in. Nevermind soccer is not like American Football; the ENTIRE ball must go over the goal line to score.

I was at the game but didn't have of a good enough angle on Maryland's "first goal" to comment fairly. However, I was told by a buddy who watched the match on BTN that after the save the ball went out for a corner. If the entire ball was in the goal it would defy the laws of physics for the ball to then cross the end line. Home cooking???