2017 recruiting

45 minutes ago, LZIp said:

They have 23-24 in their class already. What is the max? Class ranks 12th in the B1G for those who are interested.

I believe 25 is max but you can blue shirt if you end up having more than 25, blue shirt puts them on the following years recruiting class, may be used for a couple of reasons but a lot of times to allow a unqualified student to have a year to get grades where they need to be or a gray shirt goes on following year & comes in & takes limited classes at there own expense & as PWO status but think they may want to scholarship them but gives them another year to look at and evaluate 

I'm still crossing my fingers for UGIII's brother Florida DT Uriah Gilbert.

Uriah doesn't tweet often & has mentioned nothing on social media concerning his recruiting.  Earlier in the year he was offered by Baylor, so he's legit.  And this is the 2nd consecutive year he's been named 1st Team All State in Florida's 4A division.

Uriah Gilbert (DL) made first-team All-State in Class 4A and became the 30th TC player to make it to the first team since the school began playing a full varsity schedule in 2002.

The Celtics' total is best ever in terms of first-team selections, two better than Dunnellon.

Gilbert was the only county player to repeat as a first-team selection and is the first Trinity Catholic player to earn consecutive first-team selections since 2009 when Kadron Boone and Frankie Velez were picked.

30 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Jabari Taylor, DT out of Hoban has committed to Cinci.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jabari-Taylor-101643/RecruitInterests

I saw that. I don't think we offered him, did we? I'd been following him all year waiting (hoping, wondering) for us to offer him and we never did.

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

Jabari Taylor, DT out of Hoban has committed to Cinci.

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jabari-Taylor-101643/RecruitInterests

Hate to see us lose out on this young man. I've followed him, being a Hoban grad,  and feel he would be a class addition to our progrum. He is a great athlete who will help us on the D line, a good character guy and a great locker room presence. I wish him well but would have loved to see him join the other local signees who have such a bright future.

13 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

Hate to see us lose out on this young man. I've followed him, being a Hoban grad,  and feel he would be a class addition to our progrum. He is a great athlete who will help us on the D line, a good character guy and a great locker room presence. I wish him well but would have loved to see him join the other local signees who have such a bright future.

I didn't know we had offered him.  Now I'm heartbroken he didn't commit to UA.  He turned himself into a GREAT DL & is an extremely high-character, intelligent young man (I follow him on twitter).  Ugh.  Very disappointing.

Baylor is a dumpster fire, no doubt. It is so sad that a school strongly affiliated with the Baptist faith tradition has clearly lost it's way. This isn't over yet. It goes far deeper than we realize. Baylor paid a dear price to have success in football. They sold their school's soul to the gods of football celebrity and so-called top 20 recognition. I hope we never sink that low.

• Like 1

Gilbert is headed to Bethune-Cookman he was wearing their  shirt the other day and Hunter Corne talked to him to see what was up. He has put back on some weight since the season ended. Hunter Corne  also receive a 2nd home visit Wed from Coach Eekken to cross the T's and dot the I's.  Hunter has had late push from FAU and FIU but told them he was not interested. He has been committed since July and told them he will not go back on his word. The High school signing is at 4pm that day but he will fax his LOI in early that morning. He will be a Zip no doubt.

Edited by Tiger for Life 88
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Baylor is a dumpster fire, no doubt. It is so sad that a school strongly affiliated with the Baptist faith tradition has clearly lost it's way. This isn't over yet. It goes far deeper than we realize. Baylor paid a dear price to have success in football. They sold their school's soul to the gods of football celebrity and so-called top 20 recognition. I hope we never sink that low.

Baylor boosters and students wanted Briles reinstated for 2017.  Google it and read some of the articles.  Pretty disgusting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger for Life 88 said:

Gilbert is headed to Bethune-Cookman he was wearing their  shirt the other day and Hunter Corne talked to him to see what was up. He has put back on some weight since the season ended. Hunter Corne  also receive a 2nd home visit Wed from Coach Eekken to cross the T's and dot the I's.  Hunter has had late push from FAU and FIU but told them he was not interested. He has been committed since July and told them he will not go back on his word. The High school signing is at 4pm that day but he will fax his LOI in early that morning. He will be a Zip no doubt.

Good info. Thanks for sharing.

9 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

I underlined that because, let's be real here, Universities that participate in D-I athletics...or really NCAA athletics that have a religious affiliation, are basically it in name only.  Lots of kids get scholarships to John Carroll and Notre Dame College here in NEO that have 0 affiliation to the religion/sect of those universities before, during, or after their time there.  They go for the sports scholarship.  Period.

• Like 1