Game 3 - Kentucky

ZippyRulz

Everyone needs to simply calm the f down. What did you expect? Our offense has been horrible. DJ is clearly just not himself right now, I thought he actually played better than he has been tonight. The defense was great until they clearly were gassed. I thought the offense had more identity but still not great. REMEMBER: This is the SEC vs. a MAC team that has not been good. It’s the process people. Calm. The. f. Down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs down 3

3 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Turned it off. We should be 2-1, maybe even 3-0; Kentucky is not good. Instead, we're barely 1-2 and wondering why our offense is unwatchable. We don't have a QB, our play-calling is atrocious, and have consistently failed to finish drives. 

Hard to call plays when your QB can't throw down field more than 10 yards with any accuracy.

Hard to run when all you can call are screen passes and short out routes.

Hard to score points when your kicker has limited range.

So basically, we have to get into the Red Zone to get any points, but we have no way to get there.

I'm actually amazed UK hasn't been blitzing on every play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zipsrowdy88 said:

Let me clarify. The offense is really bad. The rest of what I said stands. 

Very fair. I get way too negative during games myself, just out of being beaten to death with crap. I guess most Akron fans have expected so much more from the offense in particular, but unfortunately it appears it has simply regressed. Mostly because of QB play. And I just don’t get why the RBs aren’t involved more. Tonight, the offense has been dumbed down a ton and has had its moments because of it. Maybe it’s a good sign for the future, but we’re a quarter of the way thru the season and they can’t seem to figure things out. 

With that said, I speak ad nauseum about how the defense has failed to hold up its end of the deal after a year of Moorhead. That is no longer the case. Some mistakes today, no doubt. But they’re putting themselves in position to create turnovers. A big step forward. 

Big opportunity next week. Indiana is not as good as Kentucky. 

I played soccer in high school and continue to do so as a 40-something year old. I have no doubt I could go out and consistently hit 38 yard field goals with a football and a holder and snapper, and that's not exaggeration.

An average high school kicker should be able to do this. How does a D-1 program not have an above average high school kicker?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dre22era said:

Lol @ calm down 

We suck against everybody 

Wahhhhhhh Wahhhhhh Someone Call The Wambulance! Wake up buddy, its 2023, we are bad right now. And it’s time to accept that we don’t have a Colorado turnaround in us. Let’s support this team for what it is right now! If we hit week 8 and we stink then I’ll be with you brother, but join me right now.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs down 1