at Cleveland State - October 10

32 minutes ago, fknbuflobo said:

Josef Paulus was not the only Zip accumulating scars last night.  Malik Henry went down to what appeared to be a left ankle injury.  By his reaction hobbling off the pitch, it appears significant.

Heal fast,  Malik.

ZipsNation is behind you 100%.

I might have to block you. Too much negative news from you recently. 😂

10 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I have no insider information on Henry.  Just sharing what I witnessed.  For all I know, he will play Saturday.  

8 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Singlegamegoals.png.2ab63840badfadae94e50645724977ce.pngSeasonpointsandgoals.png.7d17e8af1e0baca84bc87f20fd898db4.png

Stats from the Mens Soccer 2019 Media Guide for comparison.

Can put this comparison any which way you like to suit the agenda. For example, check all the top scores in World Cup history - very very few of them are recent scores. All around the era of Pete Millich. Pete was obviously an outstanding goal scorer but as I’ve spent so much time trying to tell you (not just you singular ME_Zip), it is a different sport now to 1961 and 2010. The landscape of World Cup and college soccer is clearly very very different. 

64E1CE50-0F22-48E8-AD51-4EC5273FED45.jpeg

• Like 1

This is not directly related to the Cleveland State game.

However, I want to give tremendous credit to Michael Nanchoff for his several times a week updates to season ticket holders.

Michael Nachoff's updates are information filled and they are greatly appreciated by myself....and I am sure by many others in zips nation.

This morning, Coach Nanchoff gave us the great news that Joey Paulus was doing pretty well today (all things considered).   So many people were so worried about Joey.  Very thoughtful and kind for Coach Nanchoff to provide an update on one of our beloved team captains.

Coach Nanchoff also shared that Jason Shokalook is currently the leading goal scorer this year for Division 1 men's soccer.   Congratulations, Jason.......As Jason said last night , that is a true team achievement as the defenders and midfielders are winning the balls and defending well.   The wingers and midfielders are making good passes to Jason.  Jason is showing great finishing skils.      

Thanks again,Coach Nanchoff for the frequent updates...and the great news this morning about Joey....and about Jason, our NCAA leader.....proud of all the zips.

Edited by TennZip
spelling
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TennZip said:

This is not directly related to the Cleveland State game.

However, I want to give tremendous credit to Michael Nanchoff for his several times a week updates to season ticket holders.

Michael Nachoff's updates are information filled and they are greatly appreciated by myself....and I am sure by many others in zips nation.

This morning, Coach Nanchoff gave us the great news that Joey Paulus was doing pretty well today (all things considered).   So many people were so worried about Joey.  Very thoughtful and kind for Coach Nanchoff to provide an update on one of our beloved team captains.

Coach Nanchoff also shared that Jason Shokalook is currently the leading goal scorer this year for Division 1 men's soccer.   Congratulations, Jason.......As Jason said last night , that is a true team achievement as the defenders and midfielders are winning the balls and defending well.   The wingers and midfielders are making good passes to Jason.  Jason is showing great finishing skils.      

Thanks again,Coach Nanchoof for the frequent updates...and the great news this morning about Joey....and about Jason, our NCAA leader.....proud of all the zips.

I’m a season ticket holder. Can I find his update posts somewhere?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

I sure hope Joey Paulus is OK. 

That play occurred right in front of me. 

Defender punted Joey right in the temple. 

The ball was long gone.

It was dirty and intentionally injurious. 

It was Bullshit!

I want to know the identity of the CSU player who perpetrated that hit job.

It looked personal.

Anyone have video on that? 

This needs to be reviewed for possible disciplinary action.

I am still pissed off.

It should have been a straight Red Card, a Penalty Kick, followed by an ambulance ride.

We only got the ambulance ride.

Hang Tough, Joey!

ZipsNation loves you!

I have now seen Joey's injury dozens of times on ESPN+.

It looks quite different on the recording, repeatedly in slow motion, than it did in person last night.

I no longer believe the kick to Joey's head was intentional.

Defender was simply trying to clear the ball from his own goal mouth.

The lighting on Kenzler Field is relatively dim compared to most fields at the D1 level.

Perpetrator of the kick was probably either #10 Pablo Kawecki or #11 Albert Portas.

Not sure which Spaniard it was.

The point is that I owe this player an apology for false accusation.

I retract my vitriolic diatribe written while still hot from the match.

May my sincere apology be accepted in the same spirit it is offered.

A word of caution to young players:  Do not attempt heading the ball while sitting on the ground, especially not in your opponents’ 6-yard box.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 7:53 PM, fknbuflobo said:

I have now seen Joey's injury dozens of times on ESPN+.

It looks quite different on the recording, repeatedly in slow motion, than it did in person last night.

I no longer believe the kick to Joey's head was intentional.

Defender was simply trying to clear the ball from his own goal mouth.

The lighting on Kenzler Field is relatively dim compared to most fields at the D1 level.

Perpetrator of the kick was probably either #10 Pablo Kawecki or #11 Albert Portas.

Not sure which Spaniard it was.

The point is that I owe this player an apology for false accusation.

I retract my vitriolic diatribe written while still hot from the match.

May my sincere apology be accepted in the same spirit it is offered.

A word of caution to young players:  Do not attempt heading the ball while sitting on the ground, especially not in your opponents’ 6-yard box.

Nothing changed for me watching Joey injury on ESPN again. In fact, it made me think more about the play. 

Kyle Folds inflicted the injury to Joey (not Kaweki or Portas). They have history playing against each other locally. I started to think more and more about if the play was more intentional than it looked. Surely a D1 athlete has more control over their body then to just not kick the ball in that instance? I would go as far as saying he didn’t even need to make a play on the ball. It was a pk and red card for violent conduct. No idea how the play was missed by the AR. 

As for your “word of caution for younger players” I believe your word is disgraceful implying it was Joey fault the injury occurred for playing the ball with his head while sitting on the ground. 

On 10/11/2023 at 11:41 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Thanks for the reminder about the blocking feature. Reading this forum is so much nicer. 😊

Edited by Zip_ME87