Zips Baseball/Softball 2024

csims0917

Hello everybody! Since were in a "bye week" in basketball I decided to get everyone excited about the baseball season. Your Akron Zips finished 21-34 last season despite the coaching disaster to start the year. Now am I expecting us to win the MAC? Hell no. However I think .500 should be a goal for this season to continue to improve off of the best season the baseball program has had since they returned. A new era begins with Bryan Faulds taken over as head coach so I am curious how the zips will come out this year. They start out the year with Illinois in a neutral site and will return home on March 8th for a game against Toledo. 

The softball team is coming off of a 28-23 season and received a first place vote in the MAC preseason poll and were listed at 4th I believe. They start out on February 16th and will be back home on March 15th. Wanted to include them in case they make some noise in the MAC. I am not an expert though.

Happy for baseball to be back this week and I am very excited to see Akron and other College Baseball games (gotta find out who the guardians will draft at number 1 this year) this spring!

• Like 3