Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how they said the stadium would be something like 98% complete for the game tomorrow?As I was walking around the outside of the stadium I found out what that unfinished 2% is. It's the team shop, the rounded building on the corner of Exchange and Union. It's empty and there's a dirt floor. No way it gets finished by tomorrow. Hopefully they have some tables and tents set up to sell t-shirts (lots and lots of "grand opening" t-shirts).
I think they did a great job given this project just started in late Jan 2008. If, they'd had a two full years like the construction company had to build Minnesota new stadium. I'm sure the 2% would be done as well as further along on floors 2 through 4 in the press tower that won't be completed until next year.
I'm looking forward to all the people who claimed the project was not behind schedule and would be 100% done by this Saturday afternoon telling me how wrong I was. :wave:
You're wrong.The stadium is done :P I'm sure you'll argue and say it's not. Knock yourself out. :lol: But, it is and they were never 45 days behind schedule. :P

You know how they said the stadium would be something like 98% complete for the game tomorrow?As I was walking around the outside of the stadium I found out what that unfinished 2% is. It's the team shop, the rounded building on the corner of Exchange and Union. It's empty and there's a dirt floor. No way it gets finished by tomorrow. Hopefully they have some tables and tents set up to sell t-shirts (lots and lots of "grand opening" t-shirts).
I think they did a great job given this project just started in late Jan 2008. If, they'd had a two full years like the construction company had to build Minnesota new stadium. I'm sure the 2% would be done as well as further along on floors 2 through 4 in the press tower that won't be completed until next year.
I'm looking forward to all the people who claimed the project was not behind schedule and would be 100% done by this Saturday afternoon telling me how wrong I was. :wave:
:rolleyes: Think it will be done in 42 days?
I think they could be if they keep full crews working. Its a shame more expensive late completion penalties weren't in the contract. This could have been very profitable for the University.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
How is construction of the dorms next to the stadium progressing?

Did the team shop at the stadium ever open?

The dorms are almost done, from what I can see the exterior looks finished. They are opening next fall, but apparently UA feels that freshmen and the learning communities deserved the dorms over everyone else. I guess they figured the only way they could get the nerds near the football stadium is to build the dorm next door. Bad planning on the Honors Dorm if thats the case...

The dorms are almost done, from what I can see the exterior looks finished. They are opening next fall, but apparently UA feels that freshmen and the learning communities deserved the dorms over everyone else. I guess they figured the only way they could get the nerds near the football stadium is to build the dorm next door. Bad planning on the Honors Dorm if thats the case...

I just wanted to say that I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds. I mean, all our lives we've been laughed at and made to feel inferior...Why? Cause we're smart? Cause we look different? Well, we're not. I'm a nerd, and I'm pretty proud of it.

I have news for the beautiful people. There's a lot more of us than there are of you.

No-one's gonna really be free until nerd persecution ends.

My opinion on why they may have designated those dorms for freshmen-

Since the upperclassmen have proven so sparse in their support for Zips athletics, they're probably trying to get as many freshmen to attend the games as possible. If these freshmen get into the habit of supporting all the games, and the following year's class as well, then after 2-3 years of that you've got a completely changed student culture where supporting Zips football & basketball is the thing to do.

When I was driving up Spicer to the UWGB game (granted, it was St. Patty's Day) Idk how many frat boys I saw just sitting on their front porches drinking. They didn't go to the game. The U resident student population needs a cultural change. Difficult to do.

Of course winning would cure a lot of ills.

I just wanted to say that I'm a nerd, and I'm here tonight to stand up for the rights of other nerds. I mean, all our lives we've been laughed at and made to feel inferior...Why? Cause we're smart? Cause we look different? Well, we're not. I'm a nerd, and I'm pretty proud of it.

I have news for the beautiful people. There's a lot more of us then there are of you.

No-one's gonna really be free until nerd persecution ends.

Extensive research shows that hot chicks with brains prefer nerds.

Since the upperclassmen have proven so sparse in their support for Zips athletics, they're probably trying to get as many freshmen to attend the games as possible. If these freshmen get into the habit of supporting all the games, and the following year's class as well, then after 2-3 years of that you've got a completely changed student culture where supporting Zips football & basketball is the thing to do.

+1 Nice post B&G!!!

+1 Nice post B&G!!!

Maybe. Or maybe it's because those dorms are the farthest away from any classrooms. Schools occasionally like to "punish" freshmen like that.