Non Game Related

Zip Watcher

Props to the Band for rolling out with the "sing the fight song" thing last night.I've wanted them to do this for several years, and it was nice to hear them belt it out.It sort of took on one side .. and I think it will eventually take.Keep doing it. Please. At least once per half.This is one of the subtle traditions they have @ Purdue that I really liked when I was there. IMHO, there's something really cool when you're at Ross-Ade and enough of the 60K people in attendance are standing and singing the fight song that you can clearly hear it.I thought the band did a great job. I hope they continue it at hoops games. It's near impossible to START something like this at a football game. But in the tight confines of the JAR, it might possibly take hold. Then it can be taken to the Info and the Jack. :thumb: I like it anyway.Go Zips! B) B) B) B)

I liked it too. But I hope they don't do it during a TV time out again. There's only so much uninterrupted clapping one can muster. Per my son - "This is the longest cheer ever."
Halftime? Anything would be an improvement over what we've seen so far. I don't think I can take another dance group or little dribbler"s team at halftime this season. :( Where's the Red Panda plate stacking lady? :D

wheres the unicycle plate lady or the frisbee catching dog or the bud light daredevils or duo designs or rubber boy or bucket boyz or wing/burrito eating contests or the flying blimp we used to have or the t-shirt gun or the pregame fireworks? I just mean why did we go so cheap this year?? Can't has tickets for 5bucks, hot dogs for a buck, AND halftime entertainment as does ball state,buffalo, miami, western mich, etc.............

wheres the unicycle plate lady or the frisbee catching dog or the bud light daredevils or duo designs or rubber boy or bucket boyz or wing/burrito eating contests or the flying blimp we used to have or the t-shirt gun or the pregame fireworks? I just mean why did we go so cheap this year?? Can't has tickets for 5bucks, hot dogs for a buck, AND halftime entertainment as does ball state,buffalo, miami, western mich, etc.............
Not that I have a problem with cool halftime routines (the panda plate lady was awesome), but who comes to a game to see the halftime entertainment? Why pay for something if it's not going to get people in the seats?

Not that I have a problem with cool halftime routines (the panda plate lady was awesome), but who comes to a game to see the halftime entertainment? Why pay for something if it's not going to get people in the seats?
Have you ever been to a Cavs game? Even though they have the greatest player in the NBA, they also have non-stop entertainment action going on before, during and after the game. It really does add something to the overall experience. If the Zips are ever going to draw the casual fan, they need more than just basketball.

Have you ever been to a Cavs game? Even though they have the greatest player in the NBA, they also have non-stop entertainment action going on before, during and after the game. It really does add something to the overall experience. If the Zips are ever going to draw the casual fan, they need more than just basketball.
There are talks of renovating the JAR. How about this for a renovation: take out the safety lights so we can use strobe lights or spot lights and shut off all the other lights for the intros?

Wad,You would be an even worse marketer than the people currently doing the job. Hardcore basketball fans represent a relatively small minority of those in attendance. Halftime entertainment, food, parking, the color of the uniforms...these factors really DO bring people into the seats. Ask yourself, "How does Credit Union Night draw the number it does?" It's all marketing. And zip basketball.

I think the Cavs overdo it. I appreciate some "down time" to discuss the BASKETBALL GAME (the reason I'm there) with my friends without having to yell at them or having them yell at me to be heard.

Renovating the JAR? Let's start with some cosmetic changes. The blank white walls surrounding the GA seating need to have murals painted on them or even advertisements, just don't leave them blank. Then you replace those terrible orange LED things behind the baskets with HD ones, like the ribbon board in the football stadium, and get some stat-tracking technology that actually works and can be updated in real-time. Then you go from there once you see how it affects the lighting.I loved the band singing the fight song. That's something they should bring back. The half-time entertainment is pretty boring. How many middle=school dance troops are there in Akron? We've gone through at least 20 in the past few years without ever repeating. That's the kind of stuff you go to because somebody's parents guilt you into "supporting" their child. Why not have a (root)beer pong tournament or something? This is college, so find things that appeal to college-aged people without alienating other groups.

ha ha someone said marketing ha ha ha ha thats pretty funny. It's pretty sad that the only ones that seem to do marketing for games are the ROWDIES, and since we are on non related game stuff, classy move by the ROWDIES last night chanting the little girl with the brain tumor name. Saw her parents were in tears when they did that.