MDZip

EMU at Akron 1/20/2017  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

2. 2. Zips Leading scorer

3. 3. First to a double double

This poll is closed to new votes

25 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Sorry for being a little slow but here is tonight's Zips Quiz for the EMU game.

MD Zip, I see you're going with EMU for the win tonight?  Care to elaborate as to why?

I think it's gonna be a tight one, but I'm going with the Zippers to pull it out in the end. (That sounds so graphic!)

9 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

MD Zip, I see you're going with EMU for the win tonight?  Care to elaborate as to why?

I think it's gonna be a tight one, but I'm going with the Zippers to pull it out in the end. (That sounds so graphic!)

EMU has just the kind of offense and defense I think will give the Zips matchup problems. They have size inside to counter Big Dog and Kwan and have quick guards to counter the Zips three point shooters. Plus Raven Lee returns tonight and he and Thompson are tough offensive players. Don't see the Zips going undefeated so I think they drop this one. However I am never so happy as to be wrong with a Zips win. :)  

3 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

Go "other"! :D 

I think you are going to need a spreadsheet to figure out the winners MDZ. 

Actually I find it harder with just yes and no questions. I just take the category that has the fewest number of winners and then see if they are also in the other two category winning slots. Not that bad. :)  

• Like 1

This team is still making a lot of defensive mistakes.  But this is the night we put it all together.  I expect everyone to be focused.  You won't see another first half like we played against OU.  

It's time to take over and continue what we started last year when we won the conference easily by 2 games.  

I keep having flashbacks to that MAC Quarterfinal game last year, and can be sure that Keith has made sure that this game will not be a repeat.  

• Like 1

Hoping there is no letdown after an emotional OU contest. I think this game will be close no matter who prevails. I seem to remember Josh Williams playing very well against the zone in the past but I may be mistaken. Still, I think he could have a bit of a breakout game tonight and went with "other" for Zips leading scorer because just when we think we have this team figured out somebody different seems to step up.

11 minutes ago, UAZippers said:

I think that this is a game made for Jimond. If he can being constantly cutting/ finding holes in EMU's zone, I expect him to have a pretty huge night. I believe that Big Dog will have around 10 assists in the game.

Jimond is definitely someone with the ability to get behind the zone and score, which is the real backbreaker when you play that kind of defense.  Hit some 3-pointers early, and that Zone will spread out a bit and might allow that.  

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

I keep having flashbacks to that MAC Quarterfinal game last year, and can be sure that Keith has made sure that this game will not be a repeat.  

That game is a blur to me.  I sort of remember being sort of behind the whole game and EMU making some mistakes at the end.  If anything, I think we have smarter, cooler under pressure players than they do.

Should have been a Yes/No question on whether Thompson gets T'd up tonight.

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

That game is a blur to me.  I sort of remember being sort of behind the whole game and EMU making some mistakes at the end.  If anything, I think we have smarter, cooler under pressure players than they do.

Should have been a Yes/No question on whether Thompson gets T'd up tonight.

Excellent points, could not agree more. Unlike our fine and heady young men, Eastern's guys are not a group exactly known for their high character.

Sadly no winners tonight (other than the Zips!). Maybe I overcorrected and made it too hard. The only two people to guess Big Dog as the Zips high scorer did not think there would be no double double. Big Dog and Baylee Steele from EMU came closest with double digit points and 8 rebounds. Even though it wasn't a great  game by the Zips good win over a decent team.