If you were the Athletic Director...

NWAkron

6 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Oh, I did.  A friend convinced me to move out of my deluxe apartment in the sky and get an apartment with him because one of his 8 roommates had a cat.  I felt sorry for him and ended up on Zahn Drive!  I can match you ghetto for ghetto.

Where's that?

13 minutes ago, pdt1420 said:

Buchtel place and The Velvel Arms. 

Kreed - my fraternity temporarily was in that house right before it was torn down. Do we know each other?

Based off your stated birth year in your bio I'm guessing you are a Phi Delt. My fraternity would have moved into after. I'm a Kappa Sig.

Edited by kreed5120

9 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Based off your stated birth year in your bio I'm guessing you are a Phi Delt. My fraternity would have moved into after. I'm a Kappa Sig.

You got it. God I didn't know someone was allowed to move in there when we were done with it.  Good on ya. 

1 hour ago, K92 said:

Kirkwood, Gage, Conmore Court and Brown street here.  I liked to switch it up.

We have two common streets?

In the interest of full disclosure, in chronological order:

Bulger

132 Annadale

419 Brown (now demolished)

?     Sumner (rent was $50/mo for the summer, utilities included)

526 Gage

12 minutes ago, pdt1420 said:

You got it. God I didn't know someone was allowed to move in there when we were done with it.  Good on ya. 

It should have been condemned before we moved in, but we put the finishing touches on it. We were the last tenants before it got bulldozed.

4 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

1a. A great recruiter

1b. A great recruiter

1c. A great recruiter

2. An aggressive style of ball, both offensively and defensively.  We will be able to employ a more athletic and exciting style of basketball because he is such a great recruiter (see points 1a -through- 1c.) As someone else mentioned, watching the Zips recently had been akin to watching paint dry.

3. Someone who will cultivate relationships w/ the HS basketball coaches of NEO and & erect a fence around the State of Akron to keep local talent local.  As TB now appears to be doing w/ the FB program (HALLELUJAH!!!), the BB program will be the hip "place to be" for local athletes.

4. A good developer of talent.

5. Someone willing to spend 15 minutes on YouTube looking at inbounds plays.

1a. hire Joe Jakubick as full time shooting coach, that should also help with #3 above,

and I agree with all the rest.

19 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

It should have been condemned before we moved in, but we put the finishing touches on it. We were the last tenants before it got bulldozed.

Were you there when it got bulldozed? I'm pretty sure I used to party there in 2010ish.

1 hour ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

We have two common streets?

In the interest of full disclosure, in chronological order:

Bulger

132 Annadale

419 Brown (now demolished)

?     Sumner (rent was $50/mo for the summer, utilities included)

526 Gage

I can't remember the house numbers other than 10 Kirkwood.  I think that whole block is parking lot now.  I lived in Bulger as a freshman also.

5 hours ago, K92 said:

I can't remember the house numbers other than 10 Kirkwood.  I think that whole block is parking lot now.  I lived in Bulger as a freshman also.

I lived in brown dorm as a freshman, townhouse as a sophomore and buchtel place the rest of the time. 

IMO we need a Basketball Bowden. A charismatic coach who has been around, can strategize and call plays with the best, recruit well, and wants one more chance to coach outside the famous program ulcer factory.

Someone who will be here 10 or 12 years and see the build through. and won't bolt for St. Nowhere University if they offer and his roster here just became depleted.

• Like 1