Spring Game Atendance

Zipmlady

18 minutes ago, LZIp said:

2) It's odd that somebody who dislikes OSU as much as you spends time reading their sites. 3) NOBODY CARES.

:bow:

Edit: 4) 80,000 tickets sold at $5 a piece means OSU, not including concessions nor parking, made $400,000 off of a spring practice.

How about we focus less on what a team 2 hours south of us, whom we have no chance of ever catching, and focus more on our team along with our peer competitors.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, LZIp said:

1,857 people didn't use their ticket. 

You could probably count 1,800 empty seats in just those sections shown on the video, alone.  But trying to change the subject to get me to debate the actual number of no-shows has nothing to do with the point that I made.

Here's my post near the top of the thread indicating that enthusiasm for a Spring Game is affected by a poor finish to the previous season, which was in response to a post that indicated that Ohio State would not be affected by it.  

On 4/14/2017 at 4:32 PM, skip-zip said:

They distributed 20k less tickets this year, and stopped at 82k.  And they'll certainly be well short of that with no-shows.  

2015- 99,000

2016- 100,000

2017 - 82,000  "distributed", with plenty of no-shows.  

No "agenda" or "hatred" to stand in the way of the facts here.  And no bias or favoritism either.  I've already stated that I expect enthusiasm for our own Spring Game to be similarly impacted.  

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

1) Your post is factually incorrect as there were not "thousands" of people who did not use their ticket. 

You also missed all of the empty seats in the upper end zone sections on the other side too, in a picture that was clearly taken at the same time as the video that was filming all of the empty seats in the opposite end zone.

Screen-Shot-2017-04-15-at-1.51.53-PM_nsqoat.png

What's really important Saturday is what's on grills and in coolers.  I have not decided what I am going to cook for lunch, but I am making breakfast grilled cheese for the early morning.  I am bringing a case of my favorite IPA, Lagunitas Waldos'.  I am not sure what ZG01 will be cooking (always good), but he is bringing some home brew.  Just one sip is worth the trip!

What are the rest of you planning?  Is anyone going to bring those kangaroo shaped cookies?

• Like 2

I'm going to be lazy and go back to my old Rubber Bowl TG-ing...stopping by Acme to get 2 rotisserie chickens and put them in the cooler to keep them warm, and then run by Hamburger Station and pick up a Family Pack and also go by the drive-thru and get a bag of Kettle Cook'd chips from Massillon and a dozen Guiness Blondes...I know this is a weenie question, but has anyone tried thoe Watermelon Shandys from Leinienkugel?

40 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

I know this is a weenie question, but has anyone tried thoe Watermelon Shandys from Leinienkugel?

I have, not a huge fan. One and done. For reference, I like the Summer Shandy a lot better. 

9 hours ago, K92 said:

What's really important Saturday is what's on grills and in coolers.  I have not decided what I am going to cook for lunch, but I am making breakfast grilled cheese for the early morning.  I am bringing a case of my favorite IPA, Lagunitas Waldos'.  I am not sure what ZG01 will be cooking (always good), but he is bringing some home brew.  Just one sip is worth the trip!

What are the rest of you planning?  Is anyone going to bring those kangaroo shaped cookies?

I'm thinking of skipping the cooking thing and doing something easy for food. I haven't completed decided on the brews either. Probably going to bottle a fresh IPA Friday night, so that should definitely be on the menu. 

21 hours ago, K92 said:

Is anyone going to bring those kangaroo shaped cookies?

Ok, you've got my interest in the cookies once again...

First, I need to finally ask some people who/where these are made.  My first thought is that they are coming from University Food Services or a contracted outside food vendor since they are always available in the Suite packages and at some other University meetings I have attended?

Secondly, I need to find out why the heck they aren't available for purchase somewhere.  Like I said previously, I see a great opportunity for Acme to get involved again.  I'd line up at the damn Acme Bakery counter for a dozen of those this Saturday morning, if I could.  

I want to see who gets the reps at QB. I want to see what the D-line looks like. I want to see who gets the reps at WR. This team has a lot of holes that are going to need to get filled by transfers or underclassmen. If the QB situation isn't sorted out early there doesn't appear to be enough on the offensive side to be competetive with the top tier  in the MAC. Over the top QB play could take the a long way.

On 4/18/2017 at 9:13 AM, skip-zip said:

Ok, you've got my interest in the cookies once again...

First, I need to finally ask some people who/where these are made.  My first thought is that they are coming from University Food Services or a contracted outside food vendor since they are always available in the Suite packages and at some other University meetings I have attended?

Secondly, I need to find out why the heck they aren't available for purchase somewhere.  Like I said previously, I see a great opportunity for Acme to get involved again.  I'd line up at the damn Acme Bakery counter for a dozen of those this Saturday morning, if I could.  

They used to have them at Zees, you could buy them there in like the cookie section from time to time.  Of course this was when I was on campus like 5 years ago....but they weren't all the time.  They'd be there randomly.  So they probably mass produce them for conferences and things, and when they make them the extras are sold through Zees.

Edited by Balsy

On 4/17/2017 at 8:53 AM, kreed5120 said:

:bow:

Edit: 4) 80,000 tickets sold at $5 a piece means OSU, not including concessions nor parking, made $400,000 off of a spring practice.

How about we focus less on what a team 2 hours south of us, whom we have no chance of ever catching, and focus more on our team along with our peer competitors.

,?

3 hours ago, Balsy said:

They used to have them at Zees, you could buy them there in like the cookie section from time to time.  Of course this was when I was on campus like 5 years ago....but they weren't all the time.  They'd be there randomly.  So they probably mass produce them for conferences and things, and when they make them the extras are sold through Zees.

Thanks for adding additional information.  Like I said earlier, they are always available in the Suites when you put in your food orders.  And they've been at different dinner meetings for organizations that support or advise the UofA that I have attended.  I never knew that they put them up for purchase anywhere on campus.  

My first guess was that they came from University Food Services.  I also wish there was a retail outlet where they could be easily obtained.  I think it would be great to have these at the grocery stores around town in the bakery section, and it would be a benefit to the University in it's efforts to create visibility among future students and fans.  But that's opens an entire can of worms.  They might have to get a license and pay royalties, etc.  But a possible easy way around that could be if a group of stores did it as part of a corporate sponsorship.  Acme?  Did you hear that?

I hope to find some time soon to ask some questions and maybe dig into this a little deeper.  Sort of just like the in-depth reporting we get from the ABJ.

Edited by skip-zip

1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

I hope to find some time soon to ask some questions and maybe dig into this a little deeper.  Sort of just like the in-depth reporting we get from the ABJ.

Skip, I can't think of a higher calling than to discover the source of these cookies. God speed you in your mission. You are carrying the hopes and dreams of our ZNO community and generations of Zips now and in the future. FWIW I have it on good authority that Pope Francis is trying to find these cookies for the Vatican coffee shop.

• Like 1