Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
K92

Game 11—Bobcats @ Zips

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Dr Z said:

• Announcement on Woodson coming later this week. 😡

 

• Sticking with Gasser at kicker. 

 

• Sands broken fibula, out for the year. 😡

 

• Kato only had a couple of days at 1st team reps

 

• We have to run the ball better. 

 

 

 

 

I shouldn't watch these.  I always feel like I'm watching an endless loop.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

 

Agreed.  But Miami was a road game, and OU is a home game.  

 

 

I don't either.  But it doesn't change how I feel about having a home game to win the MAC East title in November.

 

I'll put this out there as well.

We lost to them 14-12 in 2015, and 9-6 last year. 

1) It's obvious our defense has taken the OU game pretty seriously lately. 

2) It's pretty obvious that the scores of these games would never have been what anyone would have predicted.   

The scores might not have been, but the outcomes certainly were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

I went to bed last night a little bit after I saw OU kick a field goal right before halftime to take a 10-7 lead at home.  I was worried then. 

 

I woke up and saw the final score and right then made the decision to stay home next Tuesday and watch on TV.  I hope I'm wrong, but this game has all the makings of a P5 money game pounding, except at home against a conference rival.  If it was a Saturday game, I'd still probably be there.  Having to wake up at 5:30 for work on Wednesday makes this a watch-at-home. 

 

OU 52, Zips 13.

Hope you change your mind, we need to support our team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

Hope you change your mind, we need to support our team

 

I think you have it in the right context.  

 

I would expect people to believe that OU is better than us right now.  But I wouldn't expect people to ignore the recent history of the OU/UA game, the unpredictable nature of the MAC East, and focus on one loss (Miami on Tuesday) as an indicator of how much "hope" we should have next Tuesday.

 

With everything we've been through as Zips fans in recent years, we should all be thrilled to be in this position.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

 

I think you have it in the right context.  

 

I would expect people to believe that OU is better than us right now.  But I wouldn't expect people to ignore the recent history of the OU/UA game, the unpredictable nature of the MAC East, and focus on one loss (Miami on Tuesday) as an indicator of how much "hope" we should have next Tuesday.

 

With everything we've been through as Zips fans in recent years, we should all be thrilled to be in this position.  

Skip,

 

Here's the deal.  Akron has looked lackluster this season at best.  The offense has sputtered at best.  The defense has been opportunistic and gotten themselves out of jams at best.  Tell me one instance where the Zips looked even remotely sharp this year.  I know you are going all Jesse Jackson on us and wanting us to keep hope alive, but keep hope alive based on what?  Do you enjoy disappointment?  Seriously.  I am asking seriously.

 

I want the Zips to win so bad I can taste it.  I eff'n hate Ohio.  I work with a dickhead Ohio grad who puts me through a week or two of Ohio fan douchebag Hell every time we lose to those sons of dogs.  But thrilled to be in the position?  Not even close, Skip.  How do you do it?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, K92 said:

I know you are going all Jesse Jackson on us and wanting us to keep hope alive

 

First, I have to laugh at this.  If it wasn't for some of your entertainment, I might be less motivated to come here so often right now.  

 

1 minute ago, K92 said:

Akron has looked lackluster this season at best.  The offense has sputtered at best.  The defense has been opportunistic and gotten themselves out of jams at best. 

 

I agree with all of this, and have cited it in some of my posts.  I actually can't believe that some tried to argue with me on this. 

 

But it still doesn't change the fact that this is one football game, at home, in the friggin MAC East.  

 

4 minutes ago, K92 said:

How do you do it?

 

Like I said.  Starting when we joined the MAC in 1992, how many times have we been in this position?  I'm going to enjoy it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, K92 said:

Skip,

 

Here's the deal.  Akron has looked lackluster this season at best.  The offense has sputtered at best.  The defense has been opportunistic and gotten themselves out of jams at best.  Tell me one instance where the Zips looked even remotely sharp this year.  I know you are going all Jesse Jackson on us and wanting us to keep hope alive, but keep hope alive based on what?  Do you enjoy disappointment?  Seriously.  I am asking seriously.

 

I want the Zips to win so bad I can taste it.  I eff'n hate Ohio.  I work with a dickhead Ohio grad who puts me through a week or two of Ohio fan douchebag Hell every time we lose to those sons of dogs.  But thrilled to be in the position?  Not even close, Skip.  How do you do it?

I'm with ya buddy. I had a Miami doucher giving me a bad time a while back. He's gone to hell now, but I still hate those aholes. We can beat Ohio. I'd put Bell and Gilbert on their QB every play and ask our D/E's to break his face mask.       

Edited by UA1987

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll always support the Zips.  Always.  

 

I don't doubt this is the biggest game we've had in a few years, as it pertains to contention for an East championship.  This year hasn't been fun for me.  It's great that we won a few that were surprises instead of the other way around.  It gets tiring watching games expecting to lose, even if they come out to be a win.  

 

I have no doubt these guys play hard, and I love that.  These guys love each other and there's no give up, and as an alum, that's fantastic to see.  It makes me proud.  We've all seen some Zips teams that were not that way (I've been watching close to two decades now).  

 

But since Toledo smoked us by 27 and then OU smoked them by 28, the transitive properties indicate I should stay home and watch on the couch.  I'll see everyone the following week for K-ent.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

since Toledo smoked us by 27 and then OU smoked them by 28

 

Oh boy.  

 

And both OU and Akron beat Bowling Green by similar scores.  So, what does that indicate?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skip-zip said:

 

Oh boy.  

 

And both OU and Akron beat Bowling Green by similar scores.  So, what does that indicate?  

Bowling Green sucks...

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We may get blown away, we may not, I know you have all heard that’s why you play the game, you never know on any given night, like it or not we are playing for the MAC East Championship 

 

i challenge one person on here who roots for the Zips, bad mouths the Zips or anywhere in between tell me if @Dr Z put a poll up on here at the beginning of year if we was playing for the MAC East against OU who would be there

 

i bet all,  cause no one thought that would be the case, so let’s go & support them, they work all year long (in season & out) for this chance & let’s rally behind them

 

if they lay an egg, let’s all get on here & express our displeasure but let’s support them first

 

GO ZIPS

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One game at a time.. 

Just figure out a way to beat a team that most think is better than you...

Be unconventional...

Just win baby!!

I think these men have a little something in the tank and I hope they can overcome all the adversity and get the W on Tuesday night.

I'll be there to cheer them on so I'll see you all there. :thumb:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

We may get blown away, we may not, I know you have all heard that’s why you play the game, you never know on any given night, like it or not we are playing for the MAC East Championship 

 

i challenge one person on here who roots for the Zips, bad mouths the Zips or anywhere in between tell me if @Dr Z put a poll up on here at the beginning of year if we was playing for the MAC East against OU who would be there

 

i bet all,  cause no one thought that would be the case, so let’s go & support them, they work all year long (in season & out) for this chance & let’s rally behind them

 

if they lay an egg, let’s all get on here & express our displeasure but let’s support them first

 

GO ZIPS

This type of post always boggles my mind. We are all here because we are fans and we do support the team. However, we are realistic and realize that this team is not very good. You really should give your "support your team" pep talk to Joe Akron that doesn't even know Akron has a football team. Calling anyone out here as not supporting the team is a bit odd. I am not calling you out by the way. Others have said the same type of thing and I honestly don't understand it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Buckzip said:

This type of post always boggles my mind. We are all here because we are fans and we do support the team. However, we are realistic and realize that this team is not very good. You really should give your "support your team" pep talk to Joe Akron that doesn't even know Akron has a football team. Calling anyone out here as not supporting the team is a bit odd. I am not calling you out by the way. Others have said the same type of thing and I honestly don't understand it. 

I understand your thinking but this isn’t supporting your team, most are bashing, all I’m saying is let’s go to the game & support, not sit on couch & watch on ESPN, don’t take personally if you can’t make the game but if you can let’s go, let’s win the East, it’s still in front of us & we still control our own destiny 

 

i get it, it doesn’t look good & the team that played Tuesday couldn’t beat their way out of a wet paper sack but they was going through some adversity, Woodson wasn’t the only one, I know everyone notices the QB

 

I’m going & cheering for a win regardless

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Buckzip said:

This type of post always boggles my mind. We are all here because we are fans and we do support the team. However, we are realistic and realize that this team is not very good. You really should give your "support your team" pep talk to Joe Akron that doesn't even know Akron has a football team. Calling anyone out here as not supporting the team is a bit odd. I am not calling you out by the way. Others have said the same type of thing and I honestly don't understand it. 

And I do make the speech to Joe Akron, I’m working as we speak with all my friends & family, my goal is to get 50 there 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, zipsoutsider said:

What an ignorant comment. Not because it's Bowden but when you reduce yourself to personal attacks based on someone's physical appearance it shows what a low-life scum you really are.  

Let NO ONE personally attack ANYONE on this site. Its happened all too often in the past!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

And I do make the speech to Joe Akron, I’m working as we speak with all my friends & family, my goal is to get 50 there 

Awesome. Now we may have 4550 attend. :P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Buckzip said:

Awesome. Now we may have 4550 attend. :P

Announced attendance - 24,550...:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, skip-zip said:

 

I am serious.  When was the last time we were in this position to Win the MAC?  Until that ends, we should be excited about it.

 

 

This is probably right.  OU's run game (and our difficulty stopping the run) will probably be the difference in this game unless we can put them into a position where they have to throw.  

 

 

I don't know if too many people remember how that all ended in 2004 (Brookhart's first year).  We needed Michigan State to beat Hawaii to knock them out of eligibility, and Hawaii ended up coming back from an early 20-0 deficit to win, and they ended up being awarded the last bowl bid.  

 

We were the only team in the country that year that was eligible (had a winning record), but did not get a bid.   

Obviously a lot of these folks were not around or have forgotten 2003-2005. Those were far better teams than this one. And, yes if there had been as many meaningless bowls then as there are now Akron would have been to at least 1 if not 2 more. Frankly, the 2008 team that lost to UB in multiple OT's at the last game at the Bowl was better than this one. UB had a RB that went to the Packers in the draft... Unfortunately,Akron was playing with a QB who had an incurable substance abuse addiction which affected him and the rest of the team.

Lets hope the Zips rise above their ineptness and finally do something unexpected!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skip-zip said:

 

First, I have to laugh at this.  If it wasn't for some of your entertainment, I might be less motivated to come here so often right now.  

 

 

I agree with all of this, and have cited it in some of my posts.  I actually can't believe that some tried to argue with me on this. 

 

But it still doesn't change the fact that this is one football game, at home, in the friggin MAC East.  

 

 

Like I said.  Starting when we joined the MAC in 1992, how many times have we been in this position?  I'm going to enjoy it.  

I don’t share the sentiment but I respect that, Skip.  Sorry for raining on your parade.  I hope you celebrate til dawn next Tuesday night.  🍻 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Buckzip said:

I will always call him that now. I don't need attention. When I look at him on the sideline and see those rosy red cheeks, I immediately thought of Santa. 

 

Sorry that upsets you so much, but you will get over it. 

He really wont. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...