Jump to content

zippy5

Members
  • Posts

    8,126
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    141

Everything posted by zippy5

  1. Phew I'll take it
  2. Missed two straight 1 and 1 front ends. Hope that doesn't come back to bite us
  3. Moss vs Forsythe is a good battle
  4. I was always on the fence about it. I felt if we had the horses to go 11 deep we should play a more uptempo game. But after watching Deji go off and not get rewarded for it, I've finally seen the light. Screw getting guys experience for experience sake, play the best guys as long as they can go.
  5. I think the call to not panic and burn the red shirts with 3 games left was right. That's a waste. I'm just not a big fan of redshirting EVERY single freshman. I understand it though - go 7-5, get to a bowl game, and then add an entire freshman class with a year of experience in the program. I just have a different mindset, I suppose.
  6. Don't get me wrong, if there were playmakers that didn't see the field last year, I'm pumped to watch them this year. But from a recruiting perspective, I don't think it helps to have a policy that every freshman redshirts.
  7. Day 1? I would have played the ones from the beginning that deserved PT. If they didn't deserve PT then that tells you a lot about last year's recruiting class.
  8. Redshirting every single freshman seems like a pretty good way to cement yourself at the bottom of the recruiting rankings every year. "Hey come to Akron, you have 0% chance to play next year."
  9. Hey now he threw for 175 yards in the pee wee championship game in 2007
  10. Okay. And that is different than saying NIU winning is proof that rankings are meaningless.
  11. Recruiting rankings are based on individual talent. Apples and oranges.
  12. Pretty sure they only count the top 20 in each class.. So they do to an extent.
  13. I grew up around Pittsburgh, so I'm a Pitt fan. They don't often compete with each other, so it's easy to root for both. But when they play each other, I'm rooting for my alma mater.
  14. Yep. Bean played 34, Deji played 22 minutes. Both players couldn't miss, but only one was allowed to take over the game. The other one was on the bench for half the game.
  15. Wow what a great game. No problem giving it to Deji there.
  16. This feels awfully familiar
  17. Dumb shot there.
  18. What a run!
  19. It's Kwan, fyi
  20. Two players tonight were completely unconscious. I'm anxious to see the box score because I have a feeling one of those two played about 10 more minutes. That's the difference tonight
  21. Nothing you can do about this. Would be some kind of escape to come out with a W
  22. 21-5 run in the last 5 mins
  23. This is fun
  24. If this class was put together early, I'd probably be kinda disappointed. Maybe it's the momentum of most of the class piling up towards the end, but it's got me somewhat satisfied. I was between that and wait and see. Would have liked to see some more help on the line, and maybe another WR.
×
×
  • Create New...