Jump to content

LZIp

Members
  • Posts

    11,575
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    194

Everything posted by LZIp

  1. Im not going to get into a lot of detail (prepping for finals) but a theory/suggestion I have is this... Akron has the label of a being a commuter school. I know the University is making efforts to get more kids on campus, but it is infact still a commuter school. This is obviously going to hurt student attendance, especially on a Sunday afternoon when nobody is on campus. I believe with the students we have on campus, more of an effort needs to be made by the RAs, (yes I said RAs and not marketing deptartment) to get the kids on their floor to go to games. Getting a group of people to go to an event works. It provides a social setting with people that you know and are friends with, and has a good chance of creating a few new "regulars" when they actually see the product we are putting on the court. My freshman year, I went to many things that I never would have if my RA had not organized it for us. Skating rink, rock wall climbing, EJ Thomas, etc. The upper class-man need to do a better job with getting the younger students aware and involved. Akron is in a unique situation. There is only so much the University can do so fast, but there is still a little that the University leaves left on the table.
  2. I DL who doesnt play is facing a probable assault charge. Hopefully Bowden will get rid of this guy and open up another scholly that we can get a player of some worth out of.
  3. yeah, this cant be serious lol
  4. most ever? I think the MAC will go 4-3.
  5. With my math 6-1= 5.
  6. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...orange-bowl-bid
  7. meh. It was a dumb play, no strategy involved. If KD was worried about playing chances by fouling, they would have fouled before the shot and it be 1-1 or 2 shots (whatever it was), instead of fouling and giving them the chance to tie it.
  8. I probably feel better about NIU than Can't, not sure though since NIU's HC is bolting. Can't actually surprised me Friday night, and would have won the game if the long hair TE didnt fumble the reverse in OT smh.
  9. Pete Thamel ‏@SIPeteThamel BREAKING: Northern Illinois vs Florida State is official in the Orange Bowl, according to a source.
  10. Hearing some rumblings NIU is going to be ranked 16th... Special thanks to the B1G and Wisconsin for beating the snot out of Nebraska.
  11. How about Kretzer! Fresh stepped up big in OT.
  12. 2 timeouts left and you just let the your PG go one on one. It could have been handled better.
  13. typical end of regulation possession by KD.
  14. this for real right now? foul the guy shooting the 3? smh
  15. I see lots of empty lower level blue seats. We dont want to disrespect our season ticket holders by putting a student section down low, though. HA!
  16. gozips.com was my source for the link. not hard to find at all.
  17. searching is hard. http://livestats.prestosports.com/akron/
  18. clever idea if 1350 and the zips video stream was actually synched up.
  19. this. Video is fine, but audio is horrible.
  20. The Empire State building is lit up in red in support of Rutgers. I think the NY market may care just a little bit.
  21. Apparently I did. I would rather Can't make it and Akron get $1 million+. Like I said before, maybe some of it can go to our recruiting budget (I heard its a lowly 30k).
  22. Why that reason alone? There is an oil boom in Eastern Ohio as well. Lets add YSU.
  23. So you explain how much the odds are against Can't in skip's "end of the world" nightmare, but are still rooting for the Huskies?
  24. Probably, Im not sure how much faith I have in Fickell being a HC, though. He looked horrible with the Buckeyes last year. Also, didnt we hire Ianello over Fickell?
  25. Can't will more than likely go back to irrelevancy as soon as Hazell leaves, which I would be shocked if it wasnt this offseason.
×
×
  • Create New...