Grass root campaign for Steve Swiech

nbs95

First of all I did not start this, even though you all know that I'm a fan of his.

I was on facebook looking at my group stories. when I stumble across the"Steve Swiech fan club" This is a grass roots campaign to get Steve more playing time. I check to see who started the paige,an it was not Steve.

They comments on the wall feel that Swiech has been overlooked. they hope that if they reach a 1000 members that KD will give more playing time. I always said that Swiech is Akron's Rudy!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't scholarships given on a year by year basis? So when you sign with a school, you aren't guaranteed 4 years, if the school wants to revoke the scholarship. Not something a school wants to do often, as players might not want to commit if there is a history of the scholarship getting taken away at a later date. I think this is what happened when Calipari was hired at Kentucky, many of the players did not have their scholarships renewed.

Word is Steve is transferring...can anyone else confirm this?

He may be trying to elude a stalker. Has anyone seen nbs95?

Just to let you know, im about 100 percent sure that nbs95 is his uncle. By the way, I started that group. Swiech is my favorite player. Ill be pretty mad if he transfers, but honestly cant blame him. He got like 6 mins of playing time this year, which is rediculous. Swiech deserves better

Stay tuned. It's going to be a VERY interesting off-season ...

From what I have heard from an inside source, interesting is an understatement...

Care to tell us if this is a good thing?

Alright, I will tell everyone. Lebron is not going to be signing with the Cavs, Knicks or Nets this summer. He is coming to Akron to get his business degree for managing his money after basketball and "walking on" the basketball team. The good thing is, we don't need to use a scholarship on him since he has the money to pay for school.

Stay tuned. It's going to be a VERY interesting off-season ...

From what I have heard from an inside source, interesting is an understatement...

Care to tell us if this is a good thing?

Alright, I will tell everyone. Lebron is not going to be signing with the Cavs, Knicks or Nets this summer. He is coming to Akron to get his business degree for managing his money after basketball and "walking on" the basketball team. The good thing is, we don't need to use a scholarship on him since he has the money to pay for school.

:zzz::zzz::gun::gun::zzz::zzz:

I think at this point anyone who doesn't expect a very "interesting" offseason is kidding themselves. Adjustments are going to need to be made, that is clear. KD see's it and the people on this board see it. The coaching staff has to sit down and take a long look at their personnel and determine who fits in where for next season and exactly what adjustments need to be made. Add to that the continuing debate over what to do with our 4 remaining OOC games. Do we make adjustments there and try to schedule a little better or do we continue to play a watered down OOC schedule? Probably the most interest though will come with transfers and recruiting. We already know that at least one player who otherwise would be, is not going to be back from last years team. Speculation at this point is that this number could rise as the offseason progresses and we look to re-tool our team. It makes sense that Swiech would be someone who might look for time elsewhere. At this juncture it is pretty obvious that a slow-footed 6'10" widebody down low in the post is not what the Zips are looking for. He just doesn't fit into our plans any time in the foreseeable future. The same can be said for Sullivan as the Zips just don't need another undersized combo-guard any time in the near future. Those two seem like the most obvious choices if we are going to see two guys leave the program. But, there are others that come to mind. Humpty has already been brought up as his personality often seems to be at odds with the coaching staff and, to be honest, he probably hasn't been utilized properly since he's been here. Bardo's name has been tossed around too as he already has his degree and, let's be honest here, he's peaked as far as on-court performance goes. Two other names that come to mind, Nikola Cvetinovic and Brett McClanahan. Nikola and KD seemed to have some real problems late in the year this year. A guy like Nik could probably go back home to Serbia right now and sign a pretty decent contract to play over there. If the rift between him and KD is big enough, that might be a possibility. Nitro is another case of a guy who isn't being properly utilized. The staff thought of him this year as a replacement for Linhart, and tried to make him into a SF. Problem is that Nitro isn't big enough or quick enough to take on that responsibility, and his playing time and effectiveness suffered. He still has a redshirt year left, so transfering to another DI school, sitting a year and having two to play would maybe be a possibility for him. Just throwing things out there.

I think at this point anyone who doesn't expect a very "interesting" offseason is kidding themselves. Adjustments are going to need to be made, that is clear. KD see's it and the people on this board see it. The coaching staff has to sit down and take a long look at their personnel and determine who fits in where for next season and exactly what adjustments need to be made. Add to that the continuing debate over what to do with our 4 remaining OOC games. Do we make adjustments there and try to schedule a little better or do we continue to play a watered down OOC schedule? Probably the most interest though will come with transfers and recruiting. We already know that at least one player who otherwise would be, is not going to be back from last years team. Speculation at this point is that this number could rise as the offseason progresses and we look to re-tool our team. It makes sense that Swiech would be someone who might look for time elsewhere. At this juncture it is pretty obvious that a slow-footed 6'10" widebody down low in the post is not what the Zips are looking for. He just doesn't fit into our plans any time in the foreseeable future. The same can be said for Sullivan as the Zips just don't need another undersized combo-guard any time in the near future. Those two seem like the most obvious choices if we are going to see two guys leave the program. But, there are others that come to mind. Humpty has already been brought up as his personality often seems to be at odds with the coaching staff and, to be honest, he probably hasn't been utilized properly since he's been here. Bardo's name has been tossed around too as he already has his degree and, let's be honest here, he's peaked as far as on-court performance goes. Two other names that come to mind, Nikola Cvetinovic and Brett McClanahan. Nikola and KD seemed to have some real problems late in the year this year. A guy like Nik could probably go back home to Serbia right now and sign a pretty decent contract to play over there. If the rift between him and KD is big enough, that might be a possibility. Nitro is another case of a guy who isn't being properly utilized. The staff thought of him this year as a replacement for Linhart, and tried to make him into a SF. Problem is that Nitro isn't big enough or quick enough to take on that responsibility, and his playing time and effectiveness suffered. He still has a redshirt year left, so transfering to another DI school, sitting a year and having two to play would maybe be a possibility for him. Just throwing things out there.

I'm planning on playing the Mega Milllions lottery today. Since your such a clairvoyant, maybe you could pick my #'s for me! B)

I'm planning on playing the Mega Milllions lottery today. Since your such a clairvoyant, maybe you could pick my #'s for me! B)

Wow, thats a little harsh. All I was trying to do was point out some scenario's under which this offseason might be pretty interesting. Most of which have been brought up by others on here already. I don't think I took that much of a leap of faith to say that we don't seem to have much use for Swiech on our roster right now, or that Humpty and KD's personalities have had a tendency to clash the last couple years, or that there appeared to be a rift between Nik and KD at the end of the year.

Wow, thats a little harsh. All I was trying to do was point out some scenario's under which this offseason might be pretty interesting. Most of which have been brought up by others on here already. I don't think I took that much of a leap of faith to say that we don't seem to have much use for Swiech on our roster right now, or that Humpty and KD's personalities have had a tendency to clash the last couple years, or that there appeared to be a rift between Nik and KD at the end of the year.
What better place to do it than ZN? I enjoy reading your opinions.

Someone has to go based on us offering 3 kids scholarships and only 2 guys leaving. As well as a possible prep school guard coming in. I would be suprised to see Steve Sweich or Ronnie Steward back. As far as NIk or Maclanahan going anywhere I doubt that very seriously...

Word is Steve is transferring...can anyone else confirm this?

He may be trying to elude a stalker. Has anyone seen nbs95?

Wow that was uncalled for. Just goes to show what kind of people post here. Very dissapointing.