Tuesday Bball Game has webcast

zippyfan34

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was KD deliberately trying to make this a close game? I wonder.

As I previously mentioned ... I smelled a rat about the officials at Carlton.

That was about a lopsided "home cooking" game as we have witnessed in a couple

of years. The Zips were fouling when they had the ball; more than once.

Harney gets whacked; mutters something; gets his second technical which is

an automatic ejection. Carlton sends Scrubb to the free throw line for two gimmees

and the ball. Really, really well officiated game.

Tree in the game when it is on the line and, of course, he bricks free throws.

Hopefully Carlton did not know how bad he is at the foul line.

Number twenty-three for Carlton, Phillip Scrubb, was as advertised. Fortunately

he missed a critical free throw at game's end to help the Zips.

Celebrate five en oh. I would preferred to clock Carlton as they had attitude.

Had to turn the sound off. When those announcers said "zipperheads" I was

ready to kick some Canuck arse. They were terrible. The Red Sox game

with the Yankees was more important to them.

It wasn't pretty, but it was a win, which is more than Illinois State got at Carleton. In two of the other three games Carleton played against U.S. teams, the refs were also pretty lopsided on the whistles, so this was no surprise.

No doubt the Zips were a little tired after four previous games in quick succession. Obviously the Zips would also have been a little better off with the Serb playing. With that taken into consideration, I'd say there's no cause for great alarm or great joy over the results.

Now we can sit back and enjoy the comments from the extreme optimists and the extreme pessimists, who I'm certain watched very different webcasts. ;)

Technically I suppose there's never really an "official" game thread started by a moderator. Most games have an "unofficial" thread started by someone, and everyone else just joins in on that thread.

This thread developed into the "unofficial" game thread when someone bumped it just prior to the start of the game, and everyone else joined in.

Carleton University is once again quick to post a box score. It was a lot closer on fouls than I thought. Same on rebounds. Zips won on steals and turnovers plus higher shooting and free throw percentages. No one who played had terrible stats. Rico proved he's physically fit by going 36 minutes. All in all a good performance against one of the best college basketball teams in Canada, especially considering the absence of the Serb.

Carleton Box Scores

Also, video highlights are up, along with a nice description of the coaching and playing from KD:

By the way, Philip Scrubb is one of the better players the Zips will face this season.

Prior to attending Carleton University, Scrubb led Vancouver College to three consecutive final fours. His VC coach Bill Disbrow, the winningest coach in B.C. prep history, said of Scrubb: "He is the most complete player I have ever coached.

Scrubb has also played internationally for Canada's FIBA U18 and U19 teams.

As a freshman at Carleton, he was named Canada's CIS rookie of the year.

Before selecting Carleton, Scrubb was recruited by all the top Canadian universities as well as by such U.S. schools as Portland, Sacramento State, and New Mexico State.

It's no embarassment that he went off on the Zips the same way he went off on the three other U.S. teams Carleton has played this year.