Mississippi State

zippyfan34

Since we are 2 days away and no thread has started yet I figured I would get it going. Mississippi State struggled a bit in the first half only leading Eastern Kentucky 33-27. The same EK team we handled easily in a closed scrimmage. MSU is up 7 with 15 minutes left. http://www.mstateathletics.com/newLiveStats/Basketball/index.dbml?GAME_STAT_ID=575726&db_oem_id=16800

Good topic! Had to copy and paste your link to make it work. But it appears that EKU is playing MSU close right up to the end, which is good news for the Zips if they, in fact, outperformed EKU in the closed scrimmage.But there are no guarantees in life. If EKU plays MSU tough right up the final buzzer, MSU may get a wakeup call and be more prepared for the Zips.Current score, by the way, is 67-58, MSU leading with just under 4 minutes left.

MSU only played 7 guys. Maybe we try to run with them?
I like that strategy, especially with MSU having only 2 days of rest :rock: The Bulldogs are currently 7.5 point favorites.
Zeke marshall will have a chance to prove if he belongs in The Big Time. He is unlikely to face a better opponent than MSU's post player. Only the NCAA has been able to keep him down so far. :D

If we want to be considered for an at large bid in March (in case we didn't win the MAC tournament), we have to win games like this one. We have to win this one and i know we can. We need to prove that we are better than the #14-15 seed automatic bid. Let's go get this one.

I'll be pleasantly surprised with a win tonight. I still think we've just got too many new pieces that must fit together for this team to get off to a fast start. Tonight, facing similar athleticism, the Zips are going to have to react much more quickly than against JC (or in Canada) & have that 6th sense -cohesion- which just doesn't really develop until you get some games under your collective belts.None-the-less, go Zips!

MSU only played 7 guys. Maybe we try to run with them?
That may be to their advantage. They played the core guys exclusively so they would get better chemistry. That will be our biggest problem....chemistry and rhythm. I really think we will have a great year but I am not expecting a victory in this game. I hope I am wrong.

Summer travels result in early season cohesiveness and success. Zips by 3.
The spread may have been wrong, but the result the same.Handwringers, don't worry about the Zips. They are in late season form and getting better because of the summer activity.

Summer travels result in early season cohesiveness and success. Zips by 3.
The spread may have been wrong, but the result the same.Handwringers, don't worry about the Zips. They are in late season form and getting better because of the summer activity.
You were right about the early season cohesiveness! I thought it'd take them half-a-season to get the whole chemistry thing going. I'm thrilled to say I was WRONG!!! :rock: Top 25, here we come!

You were right about the early season cohesiveness!
That's because you guys who go to every game want it to be the same way every year. KD changed things up this off season and all of your paradigms/expectations for this team are going to have to change for the better.