The GIANTS Win

akronzips71

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody else think that from the time they came on the field to the actual snap, the Ravens rushed that field goal attempt??

It was a routine, 32 yard fieldgoal attempt being by a veteran kicker. The kicker choked and it had nothing to do with rushing anything. The kick wasn't even close. They practice running on the field to rush a kick when the clock is moving everyday and this wasn't close to that level of being rushed. It was such a choke job that Bill Belichick actually showed some emotion on the sideline when he displayed a shocked look when the ball didn't go through.

The games yesterday prove the evolution of the game and the fact that it has become a game of QBs, WRs and the ability of coaches to use them. The teams ranked the following in all of the ways that matter.

Total offense: Winners = NE 2nd and NY 8th, Losers = Bal #15 and SF #26

Passing: Winners = NE 2nd and NY 5th, Losers = Bal #18 and SF #29

Rushing: Winners = NE 20th and NY 32nd, Losers = Bal #10 and SF #8 (four of the top five NFL rushing teams didn't make the playoffs)

Scoring: Winners = NE 3rd and NY 9th, Losers = Bal #12 and SF #11

The teams ranked in the following in all of the ways that DON'T matter.

Total defense: Winners = NE #31 and NY #27, Losers Bal #3 and SF #4

Scoring Defenses: Winners = NE #15 and NY #25, Losers Bal #3 and SF #2.

Remember, QBs, Coaches, WRs.....

At least we won't have to watch ESPN promote an All Harbaugh Super Bowl for two weeks.

This SB will come down to defense. How will the Giants defend Tom Brady? Will they man up on them like the Steelers did when they finally beat Brady this year? I think Rob Ryan was the one that come up with the game plan when he was with the Browns and beat Brady in 2010. I hope Chase will play, because they will need his coverage skills. Go Giants!

This SB will come down to defense.

They are two of the worst defenses in the NFL. Counting on those defenses to win anything is like an NBA team counting on their back-up center to win a big game for them. It's rare and probably outside of the world of reality.

The Super Bowl will be won by the offense that makes the least mistakes combined with big plays downfield....the same way every NFL game is won. It's been like this since the AFL only the rules allow for more scoring. I actually think the Giants are that team. NE has no downfield threats and they rely on passes to TEs. Brady is brilliant, but he won't be able to dink and dunk them to the finish line. The Giants have downfield threats and combined with NE playing a former college QB now WR in the defensive backfield, I think they will be able to take these two weeks and exploit that weakness. I look for NE to get a lot of yards and fieldgoals. I look for the Giants to score touchdowns off of big plays.

Giants win 31-26.

I don't see the Super Bowl even being close this year. Yes, I am bias being a Jersey born and raised Giants fan, but nonetheless, the Patriots just don't match up. Offensively I give the Giants a pretty hefty edge.

At quarterback I consider Manning and Brady a wash, if not a slight edge to Eli. Yes, Eli doesn't meet up to Brady legend wise (yet), but Eli isn't intimidated by the "legend" thing either though. In fact, over their last three meetings only two of them were meaningful and Eli took both those games.

Running game: Huge edge to Giants! This edge is especially huge considering the atrocious run defense by the Patriots. The Giants will control the game through the run which will lead to a time of posession of about 35 - 40 minutes.

Short passing game: Edge to the Patriots. Brady will have to live with the short pass this game. The Giants know this and will be prepared for this. The Giants will give up the small play happily and will clamp down hard in the red zones. Also, don't forget that the Giants have a more than capable short game themselves.

Big play: Huge advantage Giants! Again, just a brutal big play duo and a horrible Patriots defense. Branch will probably burn the Giants once or twice but not enough to really be a deciding factor. And again, Ocho Cinco will play no factor.

Defenses: Giants advantage HUGE! On paper it appears the Pats defense improved during the playoffs, they didn't. Look at who NE faced in the playoffs, Denver and Baltimore. Neither are offense first teams.

Strength of schedule: New England with the exception of Baltimore last week, has not beaten one team that finished with a winning record. Their number 1 seed was an absolute joke, their schedule was a joke. Every good team the Patriots faced this year, beat them. Again, with the exception of the Baltimore game. Now about that Baltimore game, there was no good reason Baltimore should have lost that game. I've never seen a team give away a game like that.

The Giants on the other hand had one of the most difficult schedules in the NFL, in fact the second half of the schedule was the most difficult schedule in the NFL. Also, they were also the most injured team this year as well. It was amazing they even got to the playoffs! Even with the week by week bashing by great opponents, even with the hobbled starting lineup, they still already beat the Patriots. Now that they will be playing them a full strength, it will be a massacre.

Running game: Huge edge to Giants! This edge is especially huge considering the atrocious run defense by the Patriots. The Giants will control the game through the run which will lead to a time of posession of about 35 - 40 minutes.

My quick $0.02.

I think this will be the biggest deciding factor. Eli may not even have to do much but "manage the game," this time around.

Big play: Huge advantage Giants! Again, just a brutal big play duo and a horrible Patriots defense. Branch will probably burn the Giants once or twice but not enough to really be a deciding factor. And again, Ocho Cinco will play no factor.

Big plays are critical in deciding NFL games. Think about Super Bowls...Riggins long run...Ward long reception in Super Bowl XL...Willie Parker long run...Bradshaw passes to Swan. The list is long. The Giants will make them. The Patriots don't have enough big play guys because they rely on the oxymoron "big play tightend". That player doesn't exist. He'll get some first downs, but not big plays.

I love the Giants winning this game.

The Patriots don't have enough big play guys because they rely on the oxymoron "big play tightend". That player doesn't exist. He'll get some first downs, but not big plays.
I don't think he'll be 100 percent healthy, but Gronkowski is not too bad. Hernandez may be able to pick it up for him. He seems to be a unique offensive weapon when you can line up your TE and run him out of the backfield.

Just saw a nice segment about Chase on CNN Headline News' Morning Express. No mention of UA specifically, but it was nice to see nonetheless. I'm sure it'll remain in the Headline News rotation over the next few days.

BTW, count me in the camp who thinks the G-Men will win. I need some proof (beyond the silly Pro Bowl) that the AFC has caught up to the NFC before I'll expect another AFC win.

Interesting Chase Blackburn article, NY Post today

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/supe...6JbeaTmLD3PyaRI

Awesome read!

It's great to see Chase and Dan Basch remain this close. FB Basch and his TE brother Dennis were definite bruisers in their day. And was there ever a more appropriately named FB? Dan may have been as driven a player as I've witnessed on the field as a Zip. It's not too hard to imagine why he and Chase would hit it off.

Thanks for posting, Zip_ME87!

I'm surprised there's been no comment so far on Chase's interception. Sure he got burned by Hernandez on the earlier TD, but that was one heckuva play made far downfield by a LB who is primarily a run stopper. Great job Chase! Let's finish strong!

I am a fair weather Giants fan thanks to Mr. Blackburn. He's had a great game so far.

Not only did he get a great downfield interception that stopped a scoring drive, he also hit a runner so hard that he knocked out Pierre-Paul, something that opposing linemen have been trying in vain to do for two years.

I predict that Chase has a job with the Giants for as long as he wants, even after his playing days are over. Since they brought him back he has two interceptions and a 40 yard fumble return. Not bad for a guy they FIRED.