Conference Re-Alignment?

K-Roo

I now expect UConn to join the ACC thus creating the first super conference.

Interesting how similar Cincy, Louisville and Memphis are to UA, UT, and Buffalo...all are large midwest urban state schools. UCF and USF also make an additional solid pair. NIU and SIU could round it out for a respectable 10-team conference. Not likely to happen, but hey, I can dream. Ohio, Marshall, and East Carolina would also be good additions.

I neglected Rutgers. Throw them in and it's a respectable 14 member conference. Could two more large, respectable D-1 schools complete the highly sought after 16? Who's left and worthy? Tulane? UAB? Houston?

Regardless, it's the best of the MAC and C-USA in addition to the remaining football schools of the Big East. It's interesting how all quadrants of the State of Ohio would have representation too. How should it be split up? East-West? North-South? :rolleyes: Leaders-Legends? :rolleyes:

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Florida State = Penn State (pre-Sandusky disaster)

Clemson = Wisconsin

Maryland = Purdue

I have tickets to an ACC school. It is a bad league, but I enjoy watching college football so I go to games.

It's funny watching ND fans get all chesty after wins against Navy and Purdue. Makes me realize why they are all so detestable. Let's see how they do against MSU this weekend.

Chesty? Hardly... I think most ND fans would say they needed a better performance v Purdue. But injuries, starting RB out, original starting QB not yet playing full time. A win is a win. The team wasn't ranked before the season, I don't think many of us are predicting a BCS game. It better be better than 8-5 though, but our schedule is tough. Okla, MSU, USC is quite the battle.

I love how petty fans have nothing better to do than to talk about Notre Dame but try to insist they aren't relevant. It's much like Ohio State fans when they hear measly Akron fans talk about their team. All this come from an Akron board is hilarious.

I love how petty fans have nothing better to do than to talk about Notre Dame but try to insist they aren't relevant. It's much like Ohio State fans when they hear measly Akron fans talk about their team. All this come from an Akron board is hilarious.

1. This is a discussion about scheduling and conference reshuffling.

2. On the field, ND isn't relevant anymore. And if you can get free tickets to the home opener, just another example of how irrelevant they really are. Sorry, sad, but true. In fact, the ND soccer team "beat up" the Zips more than their football team could....

3. Screw buckeye fan.

Chesty? Hardly... I think most ND fans would say they needed a better performance v Purdue. But injuries, starting RB out, original starting QB not yet playing full time. A win is a win. The team wasn't ranked before the season, I don't think many of us are predicting a BCS game. It better be better than 8-5 though, but our schedule is tough. Okla, MSU, USC is quite the battle.

Roo, did you graduate from Notre Dame?

Roo, did you graduate from Notre Dame?

lol really??? I have family that went there, Catholic and grew up with the team. Just like when I talk about Cleveland Browns, Cavs or the Zips or any of my teams, I will use our or my. Im a true fan.

Again, coming from an Akron board, it's absolutely hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol really??? I have family that went there, Catholic and grew up with the team. Just like when I talk about Cleveland Browns, Cavs or the Zips or any of my teams, I will use our or my. Im a true fan.

Again, coming from an Akron board, it's absolutely hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Which means no.

I have no problem with people rooting for whoever, but these kind of smarmy comments are pathetic. Acting like you are better or different because you also root for crappy ND is sad.

Which means no.

I have no problem with people rooting for whoever, but these kind of smarmy comments are pathetic. Acting like you are better or different because you also root for crappy ND is sad.

Im not acting like I am better. I already said how I feel about this team. It is you with the smug attitude sir.

Im done with it, :wave:

Someone mentioned UConn joining ACC. I think the more likely scenario is GTown or Nova joining for bball only (as some national writers have mentioned).

We might see the 5 conferences of significance sticking to 12-14 teams. Keep in mind the buyout in the ACC is now $50 million. So the dreams of Big 12 or SEC nabbing FSU, Clemson or VaTech are probably on life support for Big 12 and SEC. Big 12 SUPPOSEDLY needs to get back to 12 teams by 2014 (per the new "Champions Bowl" request). So, the Big East is still in major trouble if true. Louisville, Cincinnati, SMU and Houston could all be targets (and SMU and Houston are not even in the league yet...remember "TCU in the Big East"?) Boise could still be a target for Big 12 or Pac 12. BYU is out there too as a possiblity. Not saying the scenario below happens, but if it were to happen, you are probably at 14 teams for the big 5 confernces:

Big 12 goes to 14 with Lville, UC, Houston and SMU.

Pac 12 nabs Boise and BYU.

BiG Ten probably stays put, but maybe nabs UConn and Rutgers for the Eastern markets.

ACC and SEC stay put.

Big East is still on such shaky ground b/c they are the last league that still has some teams of value that can be plucked.

..... It's funny watching ND fans get all chesty after wins against Navy and Purdue. Makes me realize why they are all so detestable. Let's see how they do against MSU this weekend.

ND 14, MSU 3 early in the 4th quarter. Irish lovers still believing their team is better than their #20 ranking; Irish haters starting to believe that #10 MSU is overrated. :)

• 2 weeks later...
There has been a rumor floating around the FCS ranks for a while that Delaware and Towson are working together to try to move to the MAC. The athletic director at Towson? Mike Waddell.

A move to 15? Delaware adds something though.

Of course they want to join the best Non-AQ conference.

There has been a rumor floating around the FCS ranks for a while that Delaware and Towson are working together to try to move to the MAC. The athletic director at Towson? Mike Waddell.

Well, if the MAC keeps adding 1-2 FCS schools every few years, at least Akron can't be the worst football school in the conference. All kidding aside, I think it's great for the conference to expand; the MAC has needed some new blood for a while.

*knocks on wooden coffee table*

• 2 weeks later...
http://www.heraldextra.com/sports/college/...1a4bcf887a.html

The WAC is still finding a way to survive. They're inviting Utah Valley and CSU-Bakersfield.

Isn't the WAC going to be dropping football within the next few years? If not this is a terrible move. Smaller FBS conferences are going overboard adding schools that have no business playing at this level. Do we really need over 120 schools? Does Utah Valley and UTSA deserve to move up? I guess I wouldn't care as much, but it really angers me that a school like Charlotte will be joining CUSA. Doesn't give us much hope, when a school yet to establish a football program is already in a better conference than us.

• 3 weeks later...
I knew trouble was brewing when they hired Brian Kelly as their new coach.

I'm not so concerned about ND being good or even winning last night. Watching teams coached by overrated meatheads from Youngstown lose has become a college tradition in recent years. I'm more concerned about the ND fans who have been storing their ND sweatshirts for the past twenty years. I can hear their echoes now, "I've been a ND fan my entire life." If some of you think osu fans are bad, you aren't old enough to have experienced ND fans when they are winning. They are the worst of the worst.

I'm not so concerned about ND being good or even winning last night. Watching teams coached by overrated meatheads from Youngstown lose has become a college tradition in recent years. I'm more concerned about the ND fans who have been storing their ND sweatshirts for the past twenty years. I can hear their echoes now, "I've been a ND fan my entire life." If some of you think osu fans are bad, you aren't old enough to have experienced ND fans when they are winning. They are the worst of the worst.

+1