2013 commit: WR Anthony Lauro

How can he enroll early, and greyshirt?

Once you enroll and take classes, your eligibility clock starts ticking. You have 5 years to play 4.

Greyshirting is for non-scholarshipped recruits who enroll a semester after the scholarshipped members of their class sign, either with the promise of getting "the next available scholarship," or achieving a 6th year of eligibility (see D'Orazio, who enrolled in January, greyshirted, then redshirted).

How can he enroll early, and greyshirt?

Once you enroll and take classes, your eligibility clock starts ticking. You have 5 years to play 4.

Greyshirting is for non-scholarshipped recruits who enroll a semester after the scholarshipped members of their class sign, either with the promise of getting "the next available scholarship," or achieving a 6th year of eligibility (see D'Orazio, who enrolled in January, greyshirted, then redshirted).

I don't know. Maybe they meant that he's paying his own way the first semester, and then going on scholarship in the fall.

I don't know. Maybe they meant that he's paying his own way the first semester, and then going on scholarship in the fall.

Whether you pay or are scholarshipped, your eligibility clock starts with your first class attended.

I guess you could consider early-enrollment a "greyshirt without benefits?" Ie. no "bonus" 6th year of eligibility possible. I'd just call it a "shirt."

Whether you pay or are scholarshipped, your eligibility clock starts with your first class attended.

I guess you could consider early-enrollment a "greyshirt without benefits?" Ie. no "bonus" 6th year of eligibility possible. I'd just call it a "shirt."

If you can't get a 6th year of eligibility maybe it should be called a "short-sleeved shirt."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...