Plain Dealer poll

ZachTheZip

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for Akron. But as much as I hate to say it...I'm sure the team from Columbus would easily win.

Ohio State does NOT want to play the Zips in the tournament. It would be a nightmare matchup for them. Especially in the first round. The Zips would have a very good chance in that one, and a first round loss to a MAC team from Ohio would be a disaster for them.

OSU is not what they have been the past few years.

One scorer they can rely on in Thomas. Thats good for us, but then we dont have that "lock down defender", unless Harney would step up like he did against OU.

Craft would give Abreu problems. He is one of the best defenders in the country.

We have a much more balanced attack, and more depth, IMO. Bigs have a huge advantage over them. It would be a good game, and if we upset them, it would be EPIC.

I'm sure they'd be terrified of playing the Zips . . .

OSU matches up well at every single position.

Every position???

How much Ohio State have you watched? They have one true center (Amir Williams), who has less offensive skill than Zeke did as a sophomore. The only other big they have is Evan Ravenel, who is MAC-sized at 6-8. ... At best, he is a poor-man's Treadwell, only he has to play center minutes due to OSU's lack of front-court depth.

Akron's front-court is way, way better than OSU's.

Every position???

How much Ohio State have you watched? They have one true center (Amir Williams), who has less offensive skill than Zeke did as a sophomore. The only other big they have is Evan Ravenel, who is MAC-sized at 6-8. ... At best, he is a poor-man's Treadwell, only he has to play center minutes due to OSU's lack of front-court depth.

Akron's front-court is way, way better than OSU's.

I was thinking exactly the same thing on both matchups.

This Oz character sounds like a typical, delusional OSWho honk.

I've watched every game. Much like Zeke's early years, they count on Amir to do two things: play defense and rebound. Much like Zeke, he's very capable of doing both. He could score zero points, and they'd still win.

Craft/Scott would completely dominate Abreu, but at least you recognize the issue on that front.

I think Tree is your best player. He's very good, but would have to likely go head to head with Thomas. Yeah, I'll take the guy who leads the nation's toughest conference in scoring and is likely a 1st or 2nd team All-American.

Sam Thompson is more athletic than anyone on your team. He's a great defender and would be able to guard anyone you threw on the court at the 2 or 3.

Laquinton Ross could score handily on any of your defenders, though he's a minor defensive liability. Smith Jr. is a hard nosed defender and about the only guy who doesn't pose a matchup issue for you on their squad.

They'd open as double-digit favorites. They'd cover . . . easily. But please, feel free to tell me how I'm wrong based on your storied success in the Big Dance.

I've watched every game. Much like Zeke's early years, they count on Amir to do two things: play defense and rebound. Much like Zeke, he's very capable of doing both. He could score zero points, and they'd still win.

Craft/Scott would completely dominate Abreu, but at least you recognize the issue on that front.

I think Tree is your best player. He's very good, but would have to likely go head to head with Thomas. Yeah, I'll take the guy who leads the nation's toughest conference in scoring and is likely a 1st or 2nd team All-American.

Sam Thompson is more athletic than anyone on your team. He's a great defender and would be able to guard anyone you threw on the court at the 2 or 3.

Laquinton Ross could score handily on any of your defenders, though he's a minor defensive liability. Smith Jr. is a hard nosed defender and about the only guy who doesn't pose a matchup issue for you on their squad.

They'd open as double-digit favorites. They'd cover . . . easily. But please, feel free to tell me how I'm wrong based on your storied success in the Big Dance.

:CK_brew::CK_brew::CK_brew::CK_brew::CK_brew::CK_brew::CK_brew:

Are you watching the Buckeyes play right now? They look horrible. Those "athletes" you speak of aren't very good basketball players. With OSU, you guard the perimeter and you win. It is that easy.