2014 Commit: Chandler Kincade

• 4 weeks later...

I read an excellent article in the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review regarding TB's recruitment of Western PA. I didn't want to start a separate thread, so I am posting it here. Enjoy!

If you're Beaver Falls' Boxen, attempting to choose between a mid-major such as Akron and a BCS program in the same vicinity, Akron becomes an attractive option. Like Blackhawk's Kincade, Boxen selected Akron over Pitt.

“Brock visited Connecticut, Penn State and Pitt. He had nice things to say about all those places, but he kept talking about ‘Akron, Akron, Akron,' ” Matsook said. “I said, ‘If you like it, why do you have to go to Pitt?' I think it will pay dividends for him.”

It must be Zip football day at the Pittsburgh papers, because HERE is a Post-Gazette inteview with Chandler Kincade.

• 3 weeks later...

I see that Rivals has him ranked the #18 Pro Style QB in the Country. I looked at the Hudl film from his game. His receivers bobbled two of the passes that were then intercepted. He took a hugh cheap shot by two different defenders on the same play, early in the game but continued to play. I wouldn't expect much as far as stats for him based on the talent that he was playing with. I counted at least 15 hits in the little bit of film I watched. He was running for his life. I did however notice the team he was playing was ranked in the top 5 in the state.

Can't wait to see him in a zips uniform.

Go Zips!!

• 4 months later...

Non-Story in the Pittsburgh Trib-Review about Chandler entering college early. At least he gets tomorrow and Tuesday off!

Kincade did not return voice and text messages. An interview request with Akron's sports information staff went unanswered. Blair could not be reached for comment.

Hmmm maybe it's because UA can't comment on any 2014 recruit without risking an NCAA violation?

• 2 years later...

It's still eating at me how our lack of depth at QB derailed this season.

Anyone remember whatever happened to this guy?

Chandler was the highlight of 2014's recruiting class (along w/ Boxen).  6-4, 230, 3-star, rated by ESPN as the 26th best QB in the country & had offers from Pitt, Temple & Rutgers.

Man, could we have used him this year, or what?

Can't find anything on either Google or Twitter.

6 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Chandler was the highlight of 2014's recruiting class (along w/ Boxen).  6-4, 230, 3-star, rated by ESPN as the 26th best QB in the country & had offers from Pitt, Temple & Rutgers.

I think the fact that he never played a down of college football tells you how much we missed him. 

HS star...to Pitt Commit...to Zips transfer...to ordinary Joe playing flag football at some small Pennsylvania college.

Hope he's doing well.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:17 AM, Blue & Gold said:

He suffered an injury his senior year of HS. We took a chance on him and he never panned out, so he transferred.

• Like 1