2014 Commit: Chandler Kincade

George Thomas' story

Future's getting brighter. Naysayers find a place to hide because the Zip football renaissance is in the pipeline!

:gun: :gun: :gun:

I hope dreal still frequents the board because my machine guns are for him. :D

Let's all hope we can hold on to as much of this current staff as possible for as long as possible. Way to go A.J. Milwee!

Good news about this early signing is that he can be used to attract additional recruits (possibly some stud receivers)......This is a guy we can definitely build around. Safe to say we are VERY solid at the QB position if we get him.

He isn't "signed" yet. Let's hope he does.

I believe I saw in an article (can't find it now for some reason) where he is expected to sign "early" in November. I didn't even know a high school recruit could do that.

I don't believe "early" signings exist.

However, once he enrolls at UA in the spring of what would be his senior HS year, he would then lose a year's eligibility if he decided to drop-out/transfer.

But I don't see any of that happening. He seems like the "Zeke" of UA football. WPa roots and all.

However, once he enrolls at UA in the spring of what would be his senior HS year, he would then lose a year's eligibility if he decided to drop-out/transfer.

But I don't see any of that happening. He seems like the "Zeke" of UA football. WPa roots and all.

That makes sense. He must be a relatively smart kid to be able to graduate a semester early.

I thought about the Zeke analogy myself and I think it's a pretty good one. I think it's hard for alumni who grew up close to Akron to believe that others might actually have a pretty good impression of UA, either academically or athletically.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recr...-Kincade-126041

6'4" 215lb QB from Beaver Falls, PA. Ranked #16 Pro-style QB in the country by Rivals.

Was originally committed to Pitt. Offers from Bowling Green, Temple, Rutgers.

This is a great take away from Pitt, I found his junior highlight film

http://youtu.be/NwnR9D1cZxg

These were on Pitts website a while back

http://youtu.be/Y0WziTJZEnc

http://youtu.be/HXLC7ff3wO8

This could be just what the zips needed

GO ZIPS

This is a great take away from Pitt, I found his junior highlight film

http://youtu.be/NwnR9D1cZxg

These were on Pitts website a while back

http://youtu.be/Y0WziTJZEnc

http://youtu.be/HXLC7ff3wO8

This could be just what the zips needed

GO ZIPS

I agree. I just hope he learns some of the other players that Bowden is recruiting and does some on his own. I see this all the time at BCS schools. Sometimes, all it takes is that one key recruit that helps "recruit" a class.

I agree. I just hope he learns some of the other players that Bowden is recruiting and does some on his own. I see this all the time at BCS schools. Sometimes, all it takes is that one key recruit that helps "recruit" a class.

We call those kind of recruits "leaders". :thumb:

That makes sense. He must be a relatively smart kid to be able to graduate a semester early.

I thought about the Zeke analogy myself and I think it's a pretty good one. I think it's hard for alumni who grew up close to Akron to believe that others might actually have a pretty good impression of UA, either academically or athletically.

Too bad it won't be until 2015 at the earliest, and 2016 most-likely, before we see him on the field for meaningful minutes.

It is a good timetable for him to have 2 seasons to learn under Pohl...but for fans it is a long time to wait. Hope Pohl gives us some excitement before the Kincade Era begins. And sets some records for Kincade to break.

I wonder if Tommy Woodson is reading this thread and quoting Lee Corso..."Not so fast, my friend."

Woodson/Pohl/Kincade

or

Moore/Nicely/Franco

Hmmmm....which to choose....?

Too bad it won't be until 2015 at the earliest, and 2016 most-likely, before we see him on the field for meaningful minutes.

It is a good timetable for him to have 2 seasons to learn under Pohl...but for fans it is a long time to wait. Hope Pohl gives us some excitement before the Kincade Era begins. And sets some records for Kincade to break.

I wonder if Tommy Woodson is reading this thread and quoting Lee Corso..."Not so fast, my friend."

Woodson/Pohl/Kincade

or

Moore/Nicely/Franco

Interesting question. Wow.

Woodson/Pohl/Kincade

or

Moore/Nicely/Franco

Has Hirschman decided to go somewhere else?

Unfortunately if 2012 taught us anything, it's that a good QB means nothing if you can't keep the opponent from scoring. Hopefully the coaching staff can turn it's focus to stacking the defense.

They've done a fine job of that this offseason.

I believe I saw in an article (can't find it now for some reason) where he is expected to sign "early" in November. I didn't even know a high school recruit could do that.

Maybe he's planning to sign-up with coach Dambrot's November signing class. ;) In which case CK might owe Steve McNees a post-game beer at New Castle's famous Villavova Inn! Hell, I'll buy Steve a fancy umbrella drink when he arrives for the Diamond Head Classic, if he had anything to do with it! :P

This is what they call an early enroll, the kid graduates from H.S. school early and comes in the second half of his senior year. It allows the kid to participate in spring workouts. When the athlete does this they actually sign a little earlier than the loi day. I believe it is an early signing period sometime in Dec. If for some reason the kid leaves school he would lose a year, it is just like coming in as a freshman, he is just doing it a semester early. This has become very common. They still have 4 years plus a redshirt year.

Go Zips

• 2 weeks later...

Post Gazette Article

Kincade is working hard in trying to bring a few other WPIAL players with him. Among the fellow seniors Kincade said he has already been recruiting are Aliquippa's Jaleel Fields and Terry Swanson, and South Fayette's Justin Watson. Kincade also plans on reaching out to Beaver Falls' Brock Boxen, Elijah Cottrill and Sage Curry.

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: