Back The Zips - New Basketball Marketing Theme

Staton14

Yes, I'm sure they'll wear the other 3 jerseys from last season. I was just hoping they would retire the black uniforms.

They were the best uniforms of the NCAA tournament last year. I hope we see them used as the primary uniform. I love Love LOVE the use of the Z as the primary brand.

B) B) B) B) B) B)

Go Zips!

• 4 weeks later...
What is it a play on?

Back to the future?

Back to the wall?

A return to whatever we thought before we all "thought bigger"?

Think Bigger made sense. We aspired to elevate the program. Zeke was a 7-footer.

"Back to the Zips"? When did we ever leave them?

I sold the Marketing Department WAY short. As the beginning of the hoops season approaches, the campaign is building to a crescendo. Looking at the big picture, it's clever and well-organized. Interactive and fun. A more-then-worthy followup to the "Think Bigger" campaign.

If the Team backs it up with a couple early marquee wins, of which our 2013-14 schedule permits, the JAR will rock this winter.

Nice job UA Marketing. :bow:

I sold the Marketing Department WAY short. As the beginning of the hoops season approaches, the campaign is building to a crescendo. Looking at the big picture, it's clever and well-organized. Interactive and fun. A more-then-worthy followup to the "Think Bigger" campaign.

If the Team backs it up with a couple early marquee wins, of which our 2013-14 schedule permits, the JAR will rock this winter.

Nice job UA Marketing. :bow:

Brad Swanson is the best thing that has ever happened to the marketing department. As I was leaving the JAR yesterday, I overheard Marla Ridenour interviewing him for the story that appeared in today's ABJ. He has a great feel for the demographics of the Akron fan base. He has done a good job of trying to get the students more involved by making them feel part of the program. My fear is that some bigger school is going to see his work and grab him away from us.

Does anyone know who to contact about a bit of misinformation on the new back the zips website? It says that the coastal Carolina game is on November 11 when it is in fact on November 8th.

It is fixed! Thanks for the head's up.

I appreciate the kind words and feedback provided by each of you. Know that I do read this forum regularly and am always looking for ways to get better. If you ever have ideas you'd like to share or have feedback, feel free to reach me directly at bswanso@uakron.edu.

Go Zips!

-Brad