Akron @ Toledo

zipsrule

I'm betting on UA. CMU just won at Toledo and no one in the MAC beats UA if they play like Tuesday night.

It wasn't a prediction. It was my opinion about the line.

But since you brought it up, I think it would be a big mistake to base anything on what we saw at the JAR on Tuesday. I wish I could "predict" that we suddenly stopped playing inconsistently, and have suddenly started playing at a high level every night. Those transformations don't happen overnight.

Toledo has the same team that dominated us at home last year. This will take a Herculean effort to get this one. But then again, it is MAC basketball, right?

We have lost our only 2 road games this year against Penn State and North Dakota. Toledo is an athletic and talented team. We are very young and inexperienced. I believe that Toledo destroyed us last year at our place. This will be a difficult game.

However, we played really well against Western Michigan and got contributions from Big Dog, Aron Jackson and B.J Gladden who were not contributing in the early part of the season. Pat and Big Dog dominated the inside against Western Michigan and if that trend continues I think we can play with any team in the MAC. KD indicated that he prefers to play inside out meaning he prefers to score points from the paint. At the Western Michigan game we were able to score from the paint. Even Reggie and Kretzer scored from the paint!

I like the defense Evans has been playing and hopefully he can shut down Juice Brown. I think we need a good start to the game to be competitive and no long scoring droughts that seem to be our Achilles heal.

In response to skip-zip, I am not speaking for KD, but merely repeating what he said during the pregame interview before the Western Michigan game when talking about the large number of 3 point shots taken at the Coppin State game. I agree that every team should strive to score points from the paint. I think this team would be better when we run our offense and try to score from the paint before shooting the 3 ball.