WOW (Good Luck Bucks) #TeamOhio

K92

I hate all the Ohio State bickering on ZN.O, but I am going to go ahead and make myself a hypocrite because I just can't believe what I saw come across my Facebook feed from UA:

Hey Ohio State University Football - bring that College Football Playoff trophy home to Ohio! ‪#‎TeamOhio‬ ‪#‎OhioPride

10896915_10152559376702073_5304637467874

I am stunned.

I'm beyond stunned.

What are the chances that the Cincinnati athletic department did the same thing? Or, if Dayton's basketball team would send that out if the Suckeyes ever made it to the basketball finals?

I'm sure they've sent something similar to us every time we've passed them up on the way to the soccer finals...right?

If you want to be the little peon of Ohio college athletics, all you have to do is keep acting like one. Brilliant.

I'm beyond stunned.

What are the chances that the Cincinnati athletic department did the same thing? Or, if Dayton's basketball team would send that out if the Suckeyes ever made it to the basketball finals?

I'm sure they've sent something similar to us every time we've passed them up on the way to the soccer finals...right?

If you want to be the little peon of Ohio college athletics, all you have to do is keep acting like one. Brilliant.

The what can we do thread.. Almost makes you wonder IF you can do anything, not what you can do when our own athletic department has this mentality. Makes me sick

I hope the person who posted that gets fired. I'm being completely serious. It's unprofessional. If you're hired to be a social media manager for an organization, you NEVER use that account to promote your personal opinions. And that is a personal opinion which has absolutely nothing to do with the account used to post it.

• Like 3

I was the first to comment on that sickening post and after that, I left Wistrcill a ranting email. Let's just say it wasn't PG nor PG-13. I am disgusted with this right now. K.e.n.t. people laughing at us on twitter even right now.

I was hoping for Ohio State to lose, but now I'm rooting for Oregon like they're Akron tonight!!!!

Go Ducks!!!!!

What would Caleb Porter think?

What an abject slap in the face to all the Zips fans that put The University of Akron first.

That was EXACTLY what I put in my message to Wistrcill. To be honest, Porter would probably be laughing but sad. He never liked Wistrcill and I think that sentiment was mutual(which is why Porter eventually left). Caleb Porter wasn't content with the normal standards and set the standards higher. That's why I get on Dambrot so much. I just don't see that in him. I don't see that in Bowden either. We need people in the university, athletic department, coaches, players, alumni, and community to set the standards higher at Akron. We can't do that when we keep conceding to Ohio State.

This is disgusting. It's bad enough that the entire community, most alumni, and many posters here are bandwagon Suckeye fans and don't believe UA competes with them. Tell that to our men's soccer and rifle teams. We play OSU nearly every year in baseball too. tOSU doesn't need the luck, their soccer team knocked us out of the NCAAT in a seemingly endless series of penalty kicks.

I am continually amazed by the incompetence of people associated with UA Athletics. When in doubt, don't do anything! "Do no harm!" is the ethos of medicine, and it certainly applies here. Anyone who was a part of this needs removed from their position. What an epic step backwards. This is certainly not "thinking bigger!"

UA Athletics would be much better off it were operated by posters from ZNO. Cut the salary burden, the dead weight, and the poorly executed bad ideas and all of a sudden you have better management and marketing with less operating expenses. Nothing short of an apology to Zips fans is acceptable here.

Go Ducks!

What would Caleb Porter think?

What an abject slap in the face to all the Zips fans that put The University of Akron first.

That was EXACTLY what I put in my message to Wistrcill. To be honest, Porter would probably be laughing but sad. He never liked Wistrcill and I think that sentiment was mutual(which is why Porter eventually left). Caleb Porter wasn't content with the normal standards and set the standards higher. That's why I get on Dambrot so much. I just don't see that in him. I don't see that in Bowden either. We need people in the university, athletic department, coaches, players, alumni, and community to set the standards higher at Akron. We can't do that when we keep conceding to Ohio State.

Caleb would have been pissed. He hated seeing blOSU gear on Akron students, alumni, fans. Hell, the man loved beating his own alma mater. I'm sure like many of us, he didn't think much of Tom after the iCoach debacle, but had to work with him as long as he was at Akron.

Now that I've calmed down...slightly....

I have to wonder what they thought this could possibly accomplish? Other than a few "Facebook likes" from followers? Did they think that Akron would possible get more notoriety for attaching themselves to a post about friggin OSWho?

This hurts us in every conceivable way!!!! A huge school, two hours down the road would get a huge leap in athlete recruiting, student recruiting, press attention, and further their influence over potential "bandwagon" fans......the very same people who we struggle to keep their loyalty with Akron after going to school at Akron.

And maybe most significantly, if you think we have problems attracting donor dollars for athletics from our community now, try to convince sports fans.....even right here in our backyard..... that we are the more worthwhile investment, when many of them already surely donate to Ohio State, and would be more inclined to do so when they can claim that they have the best football team in the country for the next year?

Senseless.

• Like 1

I saw this too and was surprised but not shocked. We on this board wonder what is it going to take...how do we get people on board with the Zips. People who are Akron graduates are often the hardest to get on board with Akron athletics. It is obvious the athletic department doesn't even understand the problem....but then again Cap'n pointed that out in another thread about building stadiums.

I saw this too and was surprised but not shocked. We on this board wonder what is it going to take...how do we get people on board with the Zips. People who are Akron graduates are often the hardest to get on board with Akron athletics. It is obvious the athletic department doesn't even understand the problem....but then again Cap'n pointed that out in another thread about building stadiums.

Someone who understands our plight, and the history, would never do this. This has always been one of the problems I have with bringing in people from other places around the country to do these jobs.

For me, I was a commuter who never attended a Zip sporting event upon graduation in 2004. I went to a handful of basketball games when in high school with the team. I also supported osu. I don't know what finally made me see the light but I think it was watching the Hixon td in the MAC championship. I then went to the Motor City bowl for my first ever Zip football game. Then started to remove myself from OSU over time and went to more Zip games. I have now been a reserved season ticket holder of soccer since they put the seats in and have had GA football and basketball in some form or fashion over the past 5 years or so. I dress both kids in Zips gear for every game and the oldest refers to the team down south as the Suckeyes.

The Prez is onboard. https://twitter.com/PresScarborough/status/554761942079135744

Invite the Browns F up Cub Cadet Field. Cheer for the Buckeyes. What's next?

See my Post #17 above about what people will say who have no idea about our plight, or the history. Maybe some of these people need to take some time to learn before speaking.

This is more than just a "good luck".

Guys, we to make your voices heard. Bitching about it on ZN.org is preaching to the choir. Now with the thousands of likes that the stupid facebook post is getting, the athletic department will think that cheering on OSU is actually a good idea and great sportsmanship :puke:

The employee who designed and posted that graphic maybe selling it to his bosses as a great success because of the "like" volume. I don't know if our administrators are smart enough to realize that those likers will never make it to a game or donate a penny to UA.

The tweet from the president is even more disturbing and it only has 4 replies complaining about it. If you don't want to send an email or a letter or whatever, can you at least respond to Dr Scarbourough's tweet to show your objection in a respectful way?

Guys, we to make your voices heard. Bitching about it on ZN.org is preaching to the choir. Now with the thousands of likes that the stupid facebook post is getting, the athletic department will think that cheering on OSU is actually a good idea and great sportsmanship :puke:

The employee who designed and posted that graphic maybe selling it to his bosses as a great success because of the "like" volume. I don't know if our administrators are smart enough to realize that those likers will never make it to a game or donate a penny to UA.

The tweet from the president is even more disturbing and it only has 4 replies complaining about it. If you don't want to send an email or a letter or whatever, can you at least respond to Dr Scarbourough's tweet to show your objection in a respectful way?

Responded several times on the FB post. Sent a letter to the AD. Responded to the tweet. Sent an email to assistant of the board of trustees. And thinking about sending in a letter-to-the-editor to The Buchtelite.

• Like 1