Tom Wistrcill Resigns. Larry Williams hired.

zippy_ua_00

• 2 months later...

Sometimes being behind the scenes is a good thing. It could just mean that a thoughtful new AD is taking his time to get to know the landscape before coming in and making a lot of quick changes that he would look back on and regret. With all of the turbulence going on with the President the smart thing to do for LW right now is to keep your eyes and ears open, mouth shut, take lots of notes about what is off about the football program and then begin planning 2016 so that we have some actual people coming to the games. With soccer you need to make sure that the program gets out in the community after they finish this Tournament run. Basketball is off to a nice start, but we need to get some people in the JAR and make that place a snake pit to play in.

"wait until next year"?

Technically he already has a pretty damn good year going and he's sitting in the background: Bowl game for the football team, a 3-2 start for MBB with a win over an SEC team, a soccer team in the sweet 16...

Better to be the quiet guy in the back of the room who's perceived to be wise, than to be the man who runs his mouth and removes all doubt.

• Like 1

I would imagine it means the school has paid some of the leases that the baseball players were stuck with that everybody was bitching about.

Oh right! I almost completely forgot about that, and I was one of the people upset about that. Zips are doing the right thing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I find it ironic that one of the MAC's best football progrums, Toledo, finished dead last (12th) and one of the worst, Akron, finished first. Don't get me wrong, I like anything that we can win and receive notoriety for, but in today's world of college sports football rules and your reputation and budget are generally established by how good your football progrum is. In dual major sport universities (football and basketball), football is still king.

Come on Terry, turn our fortunes around.

5 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

I find it ironic that one of the MAC's best football progrums, Toledo, finished dead last (12th) and one of the worst, Akron, finished first. Don't get me wrong, I like anything that we can win and receive notoriety for, but in today's world of college sports football rules and your reputation and budget are generally established by how good your football progrum is. In dual major sport universities (football and basketball), football is still king.

Come on Terry, turn our fortunes around.

No doubt. Football and basketball are all I really care about (soccer too to an extent), but it is nice to have the best overall men's athletic department in the conference.

Edited by LZIp

16 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

I find it ironic that one of the MAC's best football progrums, Toledo,

While Toledo has been one of the better teams over time their last championship (and even last MAC Championship appearance)  was before Akron's.