2016 Commit List

You learn something new every day. . .

“Right now, they run more of a pro-style offense with the tight-end on the line because they don’t have a

whole lot of athletic tight-ends right now,” Cole said. “With me being athletic, they said they can split me out a little bit more and I really wanted to go to a program that could do that, setting up a mismatch with linebackers.”

You learn something new every day. . .

Don't read too much into "right now"...I was told by the staff that we are going to see a much different offense than last year. None of them described it as "pro-style." You did not see this offense in the spring game.

Don't read too much into "right now"...I was told by the staff that we are going to see a much different offense than last year. None of them described it as "pro-style." You did not see this offense in the spring game.

I don't even think we run a pro-style "right now" or last year. Not to mention we have sparingly used TE's. I think what Keener getting at is his comment doesnt make sense.

Zips lose three star area (Bedford) recruit to Pitt.

Chawntez Moss verbally committed to Pitt on Sunday afternoon. Rated the 83rd-best running back in the nation and 47th-best player in Ohio in the Class of 2016, Moss also held scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Indiana, Iowa, Akron, Can't State, Miami (OH) Ohio, Toledo, Bowling Green and others.

For those that still want to believe that uniforms do not matter, look at the display of the Toledo commit. Not saying he chose Toledo because of the uni, but their relationship with Under Armor is on full display and is clearly a huge selling point for the Rockets to sell to their recruits. Nice touch.

For those that still want to believe that uniforms do not matter, look at the display of the Toledo commit. Not saying he chose Toledo because of the uni, but their relationship with Under Armor is on full display and is clearly a huge selling point for the Rockets to sell to their recruits. Nice touch.

Well its a good thing we have Adidas, then! Not to change the subject, but for the record, I actually do like our alt uni's, helmets, etc. However, it's still Adidas.

I've pointed out before that the CFO of Under Armour is an Akron alumni who still maintains an active relationship with the University. There are some other higher ups at UA as well who are from Northeast Ohio. Its a shame we don't take advantage.

Well its a good thing we have Adidas, then! Not to change the subject, but for the record, I actually do like our alt uni's, helmets, etc. However, it's still Adidas.

I've pointed out before that the CFO of Under Armour is an Akron alumni who still maintains an active relationship with the University. There are some other higher ups at UA as well who are from Northeast Ohio. Its a shame we don't take advantage.

Any idea on what our contract with Adidas is? Length?

Akron would be smart to dump Adidas as quickly as possible, they are way behind the arms race. UA would be a huge win for Akron.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do ya think recruiting will go now that it has gotten out that the faculty has recommended that UofA drop down to DII or DIII to save money? And, there is no foreseeable way that the f.ball program or any other sport is all of a sudden going to start raking in the cash. May not make any difference if it doesn't immediately happen. Any legit DI prospect isn't likely to commit here when they know it may not be a DI program for long. Do what you gotta do given the history!

How do ya think recruiting will go now that it has gotten out that the faculty has recommended that UofA drop down to DII or DIII to save money? And, there is no foreseeable way that the f.ball program or any other sport is all of a sudden going to start raking in the cash. May not make any difference if it doesn't immediately happen. Any legit DI prospect isn't likely to commit here when they know it may not be a DI program for long. Do what you gotta do given the history!

Wishful thinking on your part, Lee. Moving to 1AA is not on the table. We would still have to pay for the stadium and the savings from scholarships would be off-set by losing the big game contracts and TV contracts. Besides, it wouldn't be just football moving to 1AA, it would impact our MAC membership for all sports.

The ignorant faculty members who voted and publicized their vote were acting like children, putting their new president in a bad position. They should apologize.

Besides, if anyone can pout those concerns to rest, TB can.

• Like 1

The ignorant faculty members who voted and publicized their vote were acting like children, putting their new president in a bad position. They should apologize.

No they shouldn't. They were only doing what anyone in their position should have been doing. Especially with UA closing EJ Thomas Hall, the financial burden athletics takes up at UA is absolutely unsustainable. Losing EJTH is equivalent to losing the football program. Oh wait, EJTH attracts more people from the local community than football ever does.

The person/people who should really be apologizing are the bafoons running the university over the past decade. Their missmanagement of UA has led to this, not the faculty.

Edit: But I'd imagine that Bowden will do as he always has done. Until we start winning games, it doesn't matter what discussions are going on, recruiting won't improve. Winning should be the top priority, everything else should be seen as noise.

• Like 1

No they shouldn't. They were only doing what anyone in their position should have been doing. Especially with UA closing EJ Thomas Hall, the financial burden athletics takes up at UA is absolutely unsustainable. Losing EJTH is equivalent to losing the football program. Oh wait, EJTH attracts more people from the local community than football ever does.

Yes, they knew their vote had no power and were doing it for publicity - bad publicity. If they had a clue about what they were talking about, they would have known, that just dropping the football team to 1AA was not a realistic possibility given the implications to other sports. Secondly, SS could not come out and condemn their remarks or vote without looking like a jerk and was forced to make the football program look bad, instead. It was incredibly unprofessional and they acted in their own best interests, not those of the students or university. It was selfish and childish. How do you think the football players, band, cheerleaders, equipment managers, and other students who support the program feel about the faculty now? If I were a prospective student that type of garbage would be a huger turn-off.

• Like 1

Wishful thinking on your part, Lee. Moving to 1AA is not on the table. We would still have to pay for the stadium and the savings from scholarships would be off-set by losing the big game contracts and TV contracts. Besides, it wouldn't be just football moving to 1AA, it would impact our MAC membership for all sports.

Besides, if anyone can pout those concerns to rest, TB can.

Well there is no 'wishful thinking' (your uninformed term not mine). If anyone is unrealistic to assume that this type of information made public would not affect a future prospect's decision then that might be more accurately deemed wishful thinking. And I have to inquire, why would it be 'wishful thinking' to assess that that information might affect future recruiting? Please? I await.

... If anyone is unrealistic to assume that this type of information made public would not affect a future prospect's decision then that might be more accurately deemed wishful thinking. ...

A professor at a university says there's too much focus on football and the program should be diminished. You can find a professor saying something like that at every university in the country. Recruits understand this.

• Like 2