Camp 2015

zipsoutsider

Jrship35. What position is your son going to play? The roster shows him as a DT, but at 240 that is light. Is he a DE or is the weight wrong? Or do you see him putting on a good 35-40lbs in the next couple of years?

He is up to like 252. Coach sleeve is taking off body fat and has not started the weight gain program yet. So I think he said a target of 285 into Jr Yr........ Not sure if that includes a red shirt year...... He is playing the 3-tech DT spot I think

Coach stroud said that his body structure was exactly like Cody's when he came in so I guess he would be on the same schedule as Cody has been from a weight perspective.

Powerful Defense Fuels Akron --by EA of the PD

Obviously, that defense is unreal,'' senior quarterback Kyle Pohl said. "And they are only getting better." It is hoped the same can be said for Akron's offense. Akron's 5-7, 3-5 performance last season was put on the shoulders of the offense. A team with a pair of 5.0 yard per carry tailbacks only flexed themselves once, in an upset over Pitt, then effectively spent the rest of the season playing pitch and catch.

Interesting.

It wouldn’t be a significant surprise to see Pohl start against the Sooners. He’s had most of the experience in big games, such as nearly pulling off an upset against Michigan two seasons ago and engineering a win against Pitt last season. “Kyle has been in some very big games and had to go through the butterflies the night before being in those games,” Bowden said. “You recognize that, but at some point in time the best guy has to play, but Tra’Von Chapman has to be recognized for what he can do.”

EA with a couple of good posts yesterday. I thought this one, "Five Things I think About the Akron Zips" was particularly interesting. He seems to be one of the few writers who is a believer in the 2015 Zips. Also found his logic here valid and has persuaded me to reconsider my thoughts on the QB situation.

"Why Pohl is fighting for his job is an absolute puzzle. In brief glimpses at practice, Tra'Von Chapman is different, with his ability to run, but not clearly better. I just can't see sitting a senior QB who has played well at Michigan, Penn State and Pitt for a QB whose biggest game to date was while playing at Ashland."