2018 Recruiting

This article caught my eye this morning. It says we will add 13 newcomers Wedsnesday. 11 of the 25 total newcomers are local kids. Anyone want to do some math?!? I didn't think we had near that much room, even if you were counting transfers like McGriff and Wolfley.

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20180205/terry-bowdens-next-challenge-lifting-akron-up-one-more-level

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LZIp said:

This article caught my eye this morning. It says we will add 13 newcomers Wedsnesday. 11 of the 25 total newcomers are local kids. Anyone want to do some math?!? I didn't think we had near that much room, even if you were counting transfers like McGriff and Wolfley.

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20180205/terry-bowdens-next-challenge-lifting-akron-up-one-more-level

I noticed that too.  I thought the writer, Mike Popovich, may have been confused now that there are two signing days?  Idk.

Okay...I had to to do the math:

Early signing period:

Eric Bentley

Gavin Blunt

Daishawn Brimage

Reggie Corner

Devanier Floyd

Vincent Fonte

Rich Hall

Logan Hawkins

Jalen Hooks

RJ Kelly

Ben Phillis

Keyondre White

Should sign tomorrow:

Landon Forman

Adetutu Daranijo

Treon Sibley

Bryce Peterson

Tim Scippio

I count 17 right there with 8 local guys (9 if you count hooks). You could throw in Te'Corey Tutson even though we haven't heard much. Arslanian wasn't announced last year I don't beleive, so maybe he is one (and could qualify as "local"). Maybe you could count McGriff in Wolfley since they haven't been "announced".

Even with all of these assumptions, we would be looking at 21 signees with at most 10 being local. We should be in for a few surprises tomorrow if that article is right.....

Edited by LZIp
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Big time land here! Impressive offer list...I wonder if we use him at LB though?Damn thing isn't embedding for whatever reason, but its Abraham Alce.

Hmm, the Akron Zips Football tweet has him listed at RB.  He is listed at 6'0" tall, so I suppose that's a little short for a LB?  But that gives us three 3-star RB's in this class alone.  That's pretty crazy!  Add Jemarulin Suggs & we're stacked like pancakes at RB.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Marquise Bridges.  He was a human highlight film at RB in high school, but I have a feeling we'd use him in the slot.  

10 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Hmm, the Akron Zips Football tweet has him listed at RB.  He is listed at 6'0" tall, so I suppose that's a little short for a LB?  But that gives us three 3-star RB's in this class alone.  That's pretty crazy!  Add Jemarulin Suggs & we're stacked like pancakes at RB.

I'm still crossing my fingers for Marquise Bridges.  He was a human highlight film at RB in high school, but I have a feeling we'd use him in the slot.  

Well that settles that! going to be a lot of competition at RB this year and in the future. I'm not sure if I would say Floyd is a 3-star RB though as I haven't seen anything stating that...

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2018 at 9:34 AM, LZIp said:

Should sign tomorrow:

Landon Forman

Adetutu Daranijo

Treon Sibley

Bryce Peterson

Tim Scippio

So far today we've added

Treon Sibley 

Bryce Peterson