1. 1. Who wins?

2. 2. Big Dog's Points

• Over season average of 16
    • On or under season average of 16
  3. 3. Zips three pointers

• Over season average of 11
    • On or under season average of 11

This poll is closed to new votes

I think winning on the road in the MAC is tough no matter what the opposition.  We got a great first half from Utomi and a great 2nd half from 
Dunn Martin.  I think good guard play is a must on the road and we got very little from Williams and Noah and still won.  I rather have 4 close wins than 3 blowouts and a loss.  Great defense from Kwan sealed the win.  This team is showing some heart by winning games when they are down in the 2nd half.  It is ironic that we are getting help from teams missing their foul shots since this has always been our weakness. 

It is a shame to see Campbell injured.  OU's loss and his injury (if it's as serious as it looks) zaps a lot of excitement from that game.  I wrote before this road stretch that if we could win these two games on the road we are looking at a different kind of Zips team.  These two wins were big, however we got there (and despite my gloom and doom).  Teams of the past would have dropped one of these games.  4-0 start in the MAC while Canada and Kent are imploding.  Feels great.  We are the premiere team in this conference.

Edited by NWAkron

Nice to get through the road trip with 2 wins, no matter how good these two teams might be this year, and how close the game were.  We'll take 4-0 any day.

Kwan's block is the defensive play of the year so far.  But, WTF was Miami doing shooting a contested 2-pointer when they were down 3 with 7 seconds left?  That's a real lack of concentration regarding the game situation.  

We should never get outrebounded by a team like that.  And it was because we got outworked for those boards.  That's the hardest reason to take.  

Edited by skip-zip

Out of 31 entries only two people got all three right - congrats to zippy5 and ziptrumpet87. I think most of us assumed if we were under in one category we'd be over in the other. zippy5 and ziptrumpet87 were the only ones to guess Big Dog's points would be under (8), as would the 3 pointers (10) and we'd still win.

10 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Out of 31 entries only two people got all three right - congrats to zippy5 and ziptrumpet87. I think most of us assumed if we were under in one category we'd be over in the other. zippy5 and ziptrumpet87 were the only ones to guess Big Dog's points would be under (8), as would the 3 pointers (10) and we'd still win.

At the half when Big Dog had 3 points and the Zips had 9 3s made, I thought I was a lock to get all 3 right assuming the Zips won. I was wrong...

12 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

What I'm interested to see is if more teams begin to front Big Dog in an attempt to deny him an entry pass. Got to give it to Miami. They found a way of limiting Big Dog.

I agree Miami did a great job on BD.  Hopefully the rest of the MAC wasn't scouting this game.

This team does something better than others the last 3-4 years. They win these games. Prior years the second half shooting would have led to hang dog looks and an 8-10 point loss. The road in the MAC is tough, period.

as for Campbell, I will miss seeing him play, but the top 2 teams in the MAC play at the JAR Tuesday and that doesn't change without him, it's OU and I hate them almost as much as the flashes. Get a w and an early two game lead in the east. I will definitely be there.

• Like 1