Game 1—@Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dr Z

1 hour ago, Section210Zip said:

If this game was last year, I don't think you would of heard any out cry in Lincoln. They just wanted to have their Scott Frost Parade, which i find funny. They just have it wrote down in pen that it was a W. I don't think that was the case at all. 

Meh. I'm upset too just because I wanted to see my Zips play. The weather robbed us of 1 out of the 12 guaranteed times we get to see them play. It was also a big game too. I'm sure some Nebraska fans feel the same. Plus there is no guarantee they are going to make a bowl and we were one of their easier opponents that could help them get there, though i agree, it wasn't necessarily going to be a gimme W for them. Some of them saying we chickened out or something is just dumb.

I hope it gets made up, unless we are playing for a MAC-C.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ColemanCrawfordsMustache said:

Joe Dunn also had some interesting thoughts on the Nebraska/Akron cancellation on the Big Time Sports Show Joe Dunn on Akron Nebraska Cancellation

Nice job by Joe describing the events. ????

"The payment has not gone through yet."  --Ryan

"The Zips are going to schedule another game whether it's Nebraska or not"  --Joe

2 hours ago, Dr Z said:

Nice job by Joe describing the events. ????

"The payment has not gone through yet."  --Ryan

"The Zips are going to schedule another game whether it's Nebraska or not"  --Joe

I wonder if scheduling another game would have any effect on getting paid by Nebraska

Husker fans need to STFU about this game. I get it, they wanted to bust their collective nut over Scott Frost and they got blue balled. But don't blame Akron, Blame mother nature. Akron wasn't scared to play. They were eager to play. The turnaround for a Sunday game would have been terrible. Nebraska would have made the same decision if they were in our shoes. All the talk about Akron wanting to back out of the game is just a lame attempt by their athletic department to not pay us. Husker nation needs to move on. I know it's hard when Nebraska football is literally the only thing to do in the entire state, but they need to try. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, feetg10 said:

Husker fans need to STFU about this game. I get it, they wanted to bust their collective nut over Scott Frost and they got blue balled. But don't blame Akron, Blame mother nature. Akron wasn't scared to play. They were eager to play. The turnaround for a Sunday game would have been terrible. Nebraska would have made the same decision if they were in our shoes. All the talk about Akron wanting to back out of the game is just a lame attempt by their athletic department to not pay us. Husker nation needs to move on. I know it's hard when Nebraska football is literally the only thing to do in the entire state, but they need to try. 

If 4-8 with a loss to NIU is the only thing they have going.. that state sucks.

Omaha is a cool city though.

L.O.L.

Colorado has finished last place in their division 5 out of the past 6 years. I pray to god they need us for a 6th win in week 14. Their savior true freshman QB is already out. Cry baby Nebraska fans who want to talk smack about us deserve. Happy Frost homecoming.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, LZIp said:

L.O.L.

Colorado has finished last place in their division 5 out of the past 6 years. I pray to god they need us for a 6th win in week 14. Their savior true freshman QB is already out. Cry baby Nebraska fans who want to talk smack about us deserve. Happy Frost homecoming.

Amen brother!  Can't wait for the Zips to drag home a Nebraska carcass in Week 14.  Too bad Nebraska won't be able to pull off 5-wins.  Who in the hell are they going to beat on their remaining schedule?  Purdue...Minnesota...Illinois...Troy?  LOVE seeing those Crybaby Nebraska fans eat a piece of humble-pie...personally would love for us to serve them one as well.

Edited by Balsy
  • Like 3

On 9/8/2018 at 9:15 PM, Balsy said:

Man we needed them to get to 5-6 to force this game in week 14.  I still want this game because I want the Zips to drag home a Big-10 scalp.

This could happen.  They are 0-2 with a lot of tough teams remaining.  They look like the same 4 win team they were last year just with a new coach.  Frost may turn things around, but this is not the 1980's and they are not in the Big 8 anymore.  

7 minutes ago, Zip JD said:

This could happen.  They are 0-2 with a lot of tough teams remaining.  They look like the same 4 win team they were last year just with a new coach.  Frost may turn things around, but this is not the 1980's and they are not in the Big 8 anymore.  

Not if they don't need the win.  I doubt they'd agree to play us/pay-us to beat them (which at this point looks possible in their eyes).