Zips Baseball 2023

Spin

The Zips took one of three against the conference leaders Ball State, but the losses were not even close. 

We play EMU at home Tuesday, then head off to Kalamazoo next weekend. On Tuesday the 11th tOSU comes to town. 

12 hours ago, Spin said:

The Zips took one of three against the conference leaders Ball State, but the losses were not even close. 

We play EMU at home Tuesday, then head off to Kalamazoo next weekend. On Tuesday the 11th tOSU comes to town. 

We're playing the Suckeyes in Columbus, aren't we?

11 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

We're playing the Suckeyes in Columbus, aren't we?

Yes that's in C'bus. I don't know how I got the idea the Worthless Nuts would come here.

I wish I could get this pic to come out better, but with the website not working properly with ANY browser I try, this is the best I could do. And that was with much wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

I'm glad I didn't go through Akron's IT program... LOL!!

Tort.jpg

Edited by Spin

Just now, indians4841ks said:

Yeah, one of the tweets from ZipsBB twitter said it was non-conference, plus it wasn't marked as a MAC game on the schedule page. Same situation when they play at Eastern later this month.

There were a couple cancellations with non-con opponents (notably Marshall, for obvious reasons) that were replaced with nearby in-conference programs. This young team (two seniors) with a new coaching staff can use the experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Two grand slams?! I didn’t see that. Sweet!

I can't remember a game, at any level, where a team had two grand slams in a game. I believe it has probably happened (most likely more probably in little league), but I can't recall such an event. Another rarity accomplished by the Zips in this game was scoring in eight of the nine innings! With the exception of one inning where Northern plated six runs it was almost total domination.

Edited by Zipmeister
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

I can't remember a game, at any level, where a team had two grand slams in a game. I believe it has probably happened (most likely more probably in little league), but I can't recall such an event. Another rarity accomplished by the Zips in this game was scoring in eight of the nine innings! With the exception of one inning where Northern plated six runs it was almost total domination.

I think Nomar Garciaparra had two in one inning 

16 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

You seem to have the final score correct, but failed to mention both Zip grand Slams!

I was following the game on D1 Baseball. Just took a look at the box score to determine who hit the first Zip grand slam of the game..........and it's not there! I routinely follow a number of teams on that site and maybe I combined a couple of games in my head; sorry about that. Still the Zips looked like world-beaters in that game and they did score in all but one inning. Nineteen is also a lot of runs to score in one game. Here's hoping they saved enough to sweep the series.

• Like 2

Nice sweep @NIU this weekend

4/28 19-7

4/29 game 1 11-9

4/29 game 2  8-4

The Zips are 9-15. Currently 9th in the MAC, with 7 conference games left at this point they can finish just about anywhere in the conference. I can see us finishing midpack.

• Like 1