Class of '24 Recruits & Verbal Commitments

36 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I have him down as having already signed. What gives?

It doesn’t really matter until they are enrolled and on campus. There isn't anything binding (that I know of) like a NLI for HS recruiting.

10 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Any insight on his potential impact?

I like him. He has a lot of size and moves really well. Nimble feet for a guy of his stature. Played mostly RT this past season, but also played some LT. He handled the edge fine at JUCO. My only concern is how he’ll fare against some of the quicker edge rushers he’ll face here. Here are his highlights. Full games can also be found on YouTube. 

Better JUCO players are available now than ever before due to a heavy emphasis on the portal, so the offers can be a little misleading. Nunnally is a good example of that. If nothing else, I believe Burrell increases the talented depth compared to what we’ve previously had. 

Also, this makes 4 scholarship OL in and only 2 out. Sounds like we’ll see a few more OL departures at some point.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Initial thread post updated.  I've got us as having 29 commitments; 16 offense & 13 defense.  

Am I missing anyone?

I'm sure we'll have a few pleasant surprises (🤞)

*Censored for misinformation 

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Initial thread post updated.  I've got us as having 29 commitments; 16 offense & 13 defense.  

Am I missing anyone?

Tomorrow is NLI Late Signing Day!  I'm sure we'll have a few pleasant surprises (🤞)

I sure hope so! I want something to be excited about!

On 1/31/2024 at 10:21 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Am I missing anyone?

I'm sure we'll have a few pleasant surprises (🤞)

*Censored for misinformation 

I think everyone is listed. Jermarian Jackson should be removed as he flipped to Virginia.

• Thanks 1

On 2/1/2024 at 2:05 PM, catdaddyp said:

I think everyone is listed. Jermarian Jackson should be removed as he flipped to Virginia.

Noticed some new transfers on the roster including:

Eli Fields OT from Southern 

Daymon David DB from Oregon

Also, some new freshman including:

Fahrell Freeman RB from Cleveland Heights HS

Max Mobley OL from Maderia HS

Edited by zzx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zzx said:

Noticed some new transfers on the roster including:

Eli Fields OT from Southern 

Daymon David DB from Oregon

Also, some new freshman including:

Fahrell Freeman RB from Cleveland Heights HS

Max Mobley OL from Maderia HS

Looks like safety Aman Greenwood from Syracuse has also been added. I’m assuming Greenwood, Fields, and David are on scholarship, wile Freeman and Mobley are PWO.

Terray Jones has been removed. Sean Conroy is still listed and apparently applying for a 5th year of eligibility.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

Looks like safety Aman Greenwood from Syracuse has also been added. I’m assuming Greenwood, Fields, and David are on scholarship, wile Freeman and Mobley are PWO.

Terray Jones has been removed. Sean Conroy is still listed and apparently applying for a 5th year of eligibility.

Greenwood and David seem like terrific gets, no?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Greenwood and David seem like terrific gets, no?

I think so. Both had a number of P5 offers coming out of HS and David was rated a 4 star by Rivals. Greenwood started 7 or 8 games in 2020, but has since seen his playing time decrease. David has mostly been a special teams contributor with minimal snaps on defense. They are both physical players and tackle well, which aligns with the type of DBs that Renna and Bell recruit. 

There is a lot of unproven in the secondary, but easily the most talent since Moorhead’s arrival. There is a good chance this year’s defense is one of the best in the MAC.

Edited by catdaddyp