2023-24 MAC & CBB Season

Let'sGoZips94

7 hours ago, mrelegazna said:

Cleveland State knocks off Ohio tonight.  Going into the game, Ohio held a 14-2 alltime record against CSU and the Vikings hadn't beaten the kitties since 1997 or 2000 or thereabouts, I forget when they said exactly.  Watched most of it. Fun game.

I'm a bit torn. I used to hate CSU but they've been so irrelevant for so long, and have refused to play us for so long that now I just feel nothing about them. But rivalries are fun and I think I kind of miss that rivalry... so maybe I hope they turn their program around?  

The old UA-KSUcks-YSU-CSU coaches for cancer(?) thing was a nice event... and so easy to organize.  If CSU would schedule us again maybe we could bring it back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

I'm a bit torn. I used to hate CSU but they've been so irrelevant for so long, and have refused to play us for so long that now I just feel nothing about them. But rivalries are fun and I think I kind of miss that rivalry... so maybe I hope they turn their program around?  

The old UA-KSUcks-YSU-CSU coaches for cancer(?) thing was a nice event... and so easy to organize.  If CSU would schedule us again maybe we could bring it back?

Agree with this. A Thanksgiving-weekend double-header rotation would be great, along with this Sun Belt Challenge would put some spice into the non-con schedule. Add in a strong holiday tournament somewhere and a P5 road by game and the schedule would be pretty solid.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrelegazna said:

Cleveland State knocks off Ohio tonight.  Going into the game, Ohio held a 14-2 alltime record against CSU and the Vikings hadn't beaten the kitties since 1997 or 2000 or thereabouts, I forget when they said exactly.  Watched most of it. Fun game.

Kent blows 2 leads in 8 days, OU loses to CSU for the first time since the late 90s/early 00s, and Akron beats both SDSU & Southern Miss. Helluva ~10 day stretch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I was referring to the JMU game. A blind squirrel found a nut last night. 

Really early in the season for some of this ... as I recall, Zips blew a lead this week as well. We all should wait a couple of weeks before we start pointing fingers. Looking at the other side of the coin, it seems the Zips had their issues with CSU during a recent scrimmage.  KSU should have won vs. the early-season Cinderella team, and led a mid-level Mountain West team stem to stern. Both probably better than South Dakota State. Zips chances are coming ... let's focus on that instead of the trials of others.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, RoyalBlu said:

Really early in the season for some of this ... as I recall, Zips blew a lead this week as well. We all should wait a couple of weeks before we start pointing fingers. Looking at the other side of the coin, it seems the Zips had their issues with CSU during a recent scrimmage.  KSU should have won vs. the early-season Cinderella team, and led a mid-level Mountain West team stem to stern. Both probably better than South Dakota State. Zips chances are coming ... let's focus on that instead of the trials of others.

My post about a blind squirrel finding a nut was a joke (although they might actually be blind since they call their pee yellow "gold"). The world absolutely sucks right now, so if I can combine the success of the Zips with the failure of my rivals - especially PCCC - to find additional happiness, I absolutely will. I'm a fan - not a player. The kumbaya BS of rooting for rivals or not enjoying the failures of rivals is something I've never understood.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

KENPOM this evening is interesting today ...

https://kenpom.com/

No. 78 Duquesne  .. 81 Akron ... 85 James Madison ... 108 Ohio ... 113 Toledo .. 114 Kent ... 115 Fresno ... 135 South Dakota State ... 150 Cleveland State ... 159 Southern Mississippi.

Observation: Losing at home (Kent/South Dakota State) is a bummer while winning on the road (Akron/JMU) is a plus ... BUT .. doesn't explain JMU (2 quality road wins) below Akron and Duquesne (only home wins) ahead of Akron ... or Ohio over 40 spots ahead of CSU after head to head road loss.

As I said ... INTERESTING

• Like 3

2 hours ago, RoyalBlu said:

KENPOM this evening is interesting today ...

https://kenpom.com/

No. 78 Duquesne  .. 81 Akron ... 85 James Madison ... 108 Ohio ... 113 Toledo .. 114 Kent ... 115 Fresno ... 135 South Dakota State ... 150 Cleveland State ... 159 Southern Mississippi.

Observation: Losing at home (Kent/South Dakota State) is a bummer while winning on the road (Akron/JMU) is a plus ... BUT .. doesn't explain JMU (2 quality road wins) below Akron and Duquesne (only home wins) ahead of Akron ... or Ohio over 40 spots ahead of CSU after head to head road loss.

As I said ... INTERESTING

To add onto this...

76 - Drake (Cayman Tournament Participant)

92 - Bradley (Future OOC Opponent)

94 - Loyola Marymount (Cayman Tournament Participant)

98 - St. Bonnie (Cleveland Classic Opponent)

102 - Utah St. (Utah St/Marshall faces Akron/FIU 2nd round of Cayman)

105 - UNLV (Future OOC Opponent)

111 - Stephen F. Austin (Cayman Tournament Participant)

162 - Marshall (See Utah St. Note)

229 - Oakland (Cayman Tournament Participant)

240 - FIU (Our 1st Cayman Opponent)

A good showing in the Cayman tournament would go a long way towards taking the next step as a program. It's a great mid-major field. 

9 hours ago, RoyalBlu said:

You new here? We hate Kent, and we will lie about how bad Kent is to make us feel better. Welcome to the group.

10 hours ago, RoyalBlu said:

CSU ... WAS A SCRIMMAGE!  do you know the difference between a scrimmage and a real game?