2023/24 Portal Page

MangoZip

13 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

BUT, can Moorhead convince any of them to come here?  Interesting that EJ Warner is on there.

17 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

KJ Jefferson doesn't want to stick around for the Bobby Petrino Homecoming? I'm shocked.

KJ Jefferson will likely be headed to South Carolina to replace Spencer Rattler and reconnect with Dowell Loggains.

Edited by catdaddyp
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, catdaddyp said:

KJ Jefferson will likely be headed to South Carolina to replace Spencer Rattler and reconnect with Dowell Loggains.

Makes sense. I would imagine Beamer is a bit more professional, too, and isn't riding motorcycles with a side chick he hired as a staff member. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, blueandgold said:

Definitely saw this one coming. That makes three 2023 QB's off the roster for 2024.

and I'd personally expect to bring in as many that go out. We have 1 HS commit.....expecting 2 transfers in with the current picture. Unsure how Jankowski seems to stick around lol

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, catdaddyp said:

One I did not see coming.

I think Jaharon can have a nice career, but the reality is he’d be our 4th LB next year in a defense that typically only has 2 on the field, so wouldn’t be in line to start until he’s a senior. I can understand wanting to go somewhere to play. My guess is it’ll be FCS as he didn’t have much attention out of HS and doesn’t have a ton of film from Akron. Good luck to him.

10 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I think Jaharon can have a nice career, but the reality is he’d be our 4th LB next year in a defense that typically only has 2 on the field, so wouldn’t be in line to start until he’s a senior. I can understand wanting to go somewhere to play. My guess is it’ll be FCS as he didn’t have much attention out of HS and doesn’t have a ton of film from Akron. Good luck to him.

True. On the flip side he’s one injury away from either being the top backup or starter depending how things shakeout. I’d rather him stay and compete, but at the same time as long as Tibesar is coaching/recruiting the LBs, it’s not a position I’m worried about. 

• Like 2

No idea about this kid specifically but people have to realize that the majority of kids…not all…that hit the portal are told to look elsewhere by the coaching staff. This isn’t just at Akron, but everywhere across the country kids are having their year end exit interviews with their coaches. It’s a massive “trade in” time for coaching staffs. If they feel they are replaceable they tell them to move on. The portal has made college football an even more ruthless business than it was previously. 

Edited by MangoZip
  • Like 2