2023/24 Portal Page

MangoZip

It seems there is very little excitement on this year's signing date. We may have picked up some players who will help, but they and we need a QB as first to tenth priority. After a QB it is OL talent upgrades. With that being obvious to all I've got to believe Joe is too smart not to be in the process of taking care of the QB issue first. The relative quiet leads me to hope that behind the scenes new winning QB talent will be acquired. That's all I want for Christmas! (Cue: Mariah Carey breaking out in "All I Want for Christmas") 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

🤔

Where are you going with that, @catdaddyp?

Edit: I hope you're not getting at the possibility of KSUcks getting this guy. He's tough and could absolutely be a difference maker in the MAC. He's better than anyone we trotted out onto the field this year. We'd have won 6 games w/ Labas at QB.

Edited by Blue & Gold

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

Where are you going with that, @catdaddyp?

Edit: I hope you're not getting at the possibility of KSUcks getting this guy. He's tough and could absolutely be a difference maker in the MAC. He's better than anyone we trotted out onto the field this year. We'd have won 6 games w/ Labas at QB.

Just a stark contrast between a 2021 3 star vs a 2023 2 star. If social media is any indication, we haven’t offered Labas. I’m curious to see if that changes with Labas working out with Maendler. I know JoeMo respects what Maendler has to say about QBs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Market on Ty Thompson is quiet. Oregon State and Arizona or Arizona State filled their QB holes. Those were the top projected landing spots for Ty. Anybody know if he's receiving offers, if we've offered, etc.?

I haven’t seen anything about that outside of here. Hope it happens, but not banking on it. I imagine he still has some P5 options on the table. 

5 hours ago, catdaddyp said:

I haven’t seen anything about that outside of here. Hope it happens, but not banking on it. I imagine he still has some P5 options on the table. 

I did a deep dive on X to see what the rumors were with Ty Thompson during this busy work week. I would also imagine he has P5 options on the table, but it's eerily quiet. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Gathings is apparently backing out of his signing with Ball St (or they aren’t taking him).

Something is off here. Felt like a situation where, at bare minimum, it was a mutual agreement for him to leave. Seeming more and more like that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LZIp said:

Gathings is apparently backing out of his signing with Ball St (or they aren’t taking him).

Interesting, but I don't care that much. He can be someone else's problem. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Ball State didn't get to see him in person this year.

Sequence-  enters portal; BSU sees stats; BSU offers; player accepts; BSU watches all of tape; BSU runs away.

More likely, other factors came to light.

• Like 2