2024 NCAA Tournament

5 minutes ago, GP1 said:

Is there a Brink's truck en route from Kentucky to Connecticut yet?

No. According to multiple outlets, Hurley & Oats have both told Kentucky "no". 

Billy Donovan is the favorite for the job. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

7 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

The college game has changed a ton since Donovan was at Florida. It's anyone's guess how well he'll adjust.

23 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Thoroughbreds eat a lot of oats. It probably wouldn't be the best move for him. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Illini Zip said:

Does anyone know what the MAC does with the NCAAT money? Is it used in-house? Divided up amongst the schools? Is there any additional funds given to the team in the tournament and what if they make a multi-game run?

I don't remember the exact specifics, but the auto-bid credit is split evenly. Additional credits earned go into a prize pool. That pool is then divided based off regular season and postseason performance. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Illini Zip said:

Does anyone know what the MAC does with the NCAAT money? Is it used in-house? Divided up amongst the schools? Is there any additional funds given to the team in the tournament and what if they make a multi-game run?

A former UA AD told me the MAC divides the tournament money and bowl money amongst all members with the team earning the tourney spot or the bowl bid getting an extra share. The MAC office also got a share. That makes for a lot of shares and dilutes the size of the share. I do not know if that is what is done now.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, 72 Roo said:

A former UA AD told me the MAC divides the tournament money and bowl money amongst all members with the team earning the tourney spot or the bowl bid getting an extra share. The MAC office also got a share. That makes for a lot of shares and dilutes the size of the share. I do not know if that is what is done now.

For what - existing? My goodness. Take a bonus for getting better TV/marketing deals, you know, something you've actually done work to earn - not a bonus on the backs of a school. Sheesh. I hate this conference so much. And I know, I know - I'm sure the Big Ten offices take bonuses, etc. But the MAC has done nothing but decline - those offices are worthless. 

• Like 2