CFB 25 (Video Game)

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

Can't wait to see the real gameplay footage. I believe there's some sort of color adjustment for these to make colors more harsh. The video this came from featured a home-field touchdown by every school in the game, and the other clips I've seen have very harsh colors. Indiana and UMASS have brutally vibrant reds in the clips, for example. 

As for the center logo being wrong, Matthew Cherry seems confident that'll be hot fixed, hopefully before release. 

18 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Can't wait to see the real gameplay footage. I believe there's some sort of color adjustment for these to make colors more harsh. The video this came from featured a home-field touchdown by every school in the game, and the other clips I've seen have very harsh colors. Indiana and UMASS have brutally vibrant reds in the clips, for example. 

As for the center logo being wrong, Matthew Cherry seems confident that'll be hot fixed, hopefully before release. 

I watched most of the clips from that streamer. My guess is it's more of a color issue on their end and not the game. Because every school with gold looked really yellow, navy looks closer to royal blue and even Texas's burnt orange looked like blinding highlighter orange. 

The stadium definitely looks less detailed than it did in NCAA 14. I was afraid they'd just give us a genetic stadium, so at least it looks like ours. 

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 1

I played for about 3 hours last night. Definitely an enjoyable game and way more fun than Madden. Switched around the Zips 2024 schedule and I'm currently 2-0 heading into the matchup with Ohio State. The roster is pretty locked down. You can adjust ratings and equipment, but everything else like names, numbers, positions, etc can't be changed. So hypothetically if you wanted to make a historical Zips team, you can't. 

My suspicions were correct and the stadium/campus are lacking a lot of detail. Hopefully it will get upgraded as the years go on. Right now you can see the Fieldhouse and Spicer Residence hall. Everything else looks like generic buildings. Back in 2014 you could actually see inside the pressbox and all the buildings along Exchange St were there. 

Worst of all  no Zippy in the game 😠.

Edited by akzipper

39 minutes ago, akzipper said:

So hypothetically if you wanted to make a historical Zips team, you can't. 

You can in ultimate team, especially once updates start to roll out & new cards get dropped!!

1 hour ago, AkronAlumnus said:

You can in ultimate team, especially once updates start to roll out & new cards get dropped!!

I wonder how many Zips will actually be in the game? Jason Taylor and Frye maybe? if that...

9 hours ago, zippy5 said:

0-2 on field goals in my first game with Akron. It's very realistic 

Did you throw an interception your first pass too? 

I literally missed every field goal until I realized you have to aim with the joystick. 

Well folks, I successfully defeated the Kent State Golden Flushes 120 - 3 (in a practice game to get used to the controls and new format). There was no mercy. There were 15 sacks, Heisman candidate (/j) CJ Nunnally IV had 6.5 sacks in the game; 10 solo tackles, and 4 TFL.

Go Zips.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, ZipCat said:

Well folks, I successfully defeated the Kent State Golden Flushes 120 - 3 (in a practice game to get used to the controls and new format). There was no mercy. There were 15 sacks, Heisman candidate (/j) CJ Nunnally IV had 6.5 sacks in the game; 10 solo tackles, and 4 TFL.

Go Zips.

No game has ever been this realistic. Kent State Sucks. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2024 at 11:16 PM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I'd add that the new Teambuilder might be the coolest feature of the entire game. While the stadium structures are locked in, you can upload whatever logos or graphics you want. Old Zippy logos, old wordmarks, script Akron, doesn't matter. You can build out 5 different uniform sets with different helmets and finishes for everything. 

They mentioned that real logos wouldn't be allowed due to copyright laws, but there are several Akron teams on the servers already. As well as real FCS schools. 

• Like 4