Recruiting News

Checking in on the 2008 class, it appears nothing has changed. You never know until the signatures come off the fax machine, but right now what you see is what we'll get. No new commits or de-commits as of 12:30pm today.Minor notes:Barring a major development, we're out of the Marquis Avery sweepstakes.No...I repeat NO...public press conference is being held to announce the 2008 class. I am checking into attending the media press conference.Wisconsin is pretty much off the Zips 2008 schedule.Wish I had more...

Wisconsin is pretty much off the Zips 2008 schedule.
Will we get I-AAAA North Carolina Backwoods here or at their place next year to fill the gap? Any word on what fund-raisers the program will be hosting to make up for the lost revenue? :rolleyes: Seriously - any word, CK, on who will fill in for the Badgers?

According to Rivals and Scout.comRyan Gardner has committed to Colorado State
He was listed as a soft commit on scout.com.Do we get Marquis Avery now?
I doubt Avery is an option. I also wonder if the Gardner info is true. It is crunch time, so I'm not going to bug anyone for "scoop" info. The next 18 hours or so will be pretty frenetic.

GoZips88 Posted Today, 02:12 PM QUOTEWisconsin is pretty much off the Zips 2008 schedule.Will we get I-AAAA North Carolina Backwoods here or at their place next year to fill the gap? Any word on what fund-raisers the program will be hosting to make up for the lost revenue? Seriously - any word, CK, on who will fill in for the Badgers? Seriously - some of you guys are really hung up on the imaginary Wisconsin game. We are not playing them. They have not been on our 2008 schedule for about 2 years. They were at one time BUT not anymore. No one needs to fill in for a team that we are not playing. We already have 12 regular season games scheduled. Thats the most we can schedule unless one of the games is against Hawaii. We don't play Hawaii in 2008 either. Maybe we can schedule Hawaii.

GoZips88 Posted Today, 02:12 PM QUOTEWisconsin is pretty much off the Zips 2008 schedule.Will we get I-AAAA North Carolina Backwoods here or at their place next year to fill the gap? Any word on what fund-raisers the program will be hosting to make up for the lost revenue? Seriously - any word, CK, on who will fill in for the Badgers? Seriously - some of you guys are really hung up on the imaginary Wisconsin game. We are not playing them. They have not been on our 2008 schedule for about 2 years. They were at one time BUT not anymore. No one needs to fill in for a team that we are not playing. We already have 12 regular season games scheduled. Thats the most we can schedule unless one of the games is against Hawaii. We don't play Hawaii in 2008 either. Maybe we can schedule Hawaii.
WHOA Zipmeister! I stand informed! (I was beginning to feel like a VCU fan there for a second!) For the most part, I can only go by what I see currently on Wisconsin's web site ('future schedules' still showed Akron for next year as recently as a few days ago) and ours. I wouldn't expect our web site to be completely up-to-date and ASSUMED a Big Ten school would have the resources to keep theirs a bit more current. As far as I know, ZipsNation.org hasn't yet added a 'future schedules' link and if it has been mentioned in any of the previous football threads, I plain ol' missed it. I did e-mail the football staff at Akron a few weeks ago regarding the outdated 'future schedules' web site page. They indicated that the 2008 schedule wouldn't be officially announced until sometime in March. No feedback regarding the dated schedules page.Anyone on the board know what the 2008 OOC schedule looks like at this point?

WHOA Zipmeister! I stand informed! (I was beginning to feel like a VCU fan there for a second!) For the most part, I can only go by what I see currently on Wisconsin's web site ('future schedules' still showed Akron for next year as recently as a few days ago) and ours. I wouldn't expect our web site to be completely up-to-date and ASSUMED a Big Ten school would have the resources to keep theirs a bit more current. As far as I know, ZipsNation.org hasn't yet added a 'future schedules' link and if it has been mentioned in any of the previous football threads, I plain ol' missed it. I did e-mail the football staff at Akron a few weeks ago regarding the outdated 'future schedules' web site page. They indicated that the 2008 schedule wouldn't be officially announced until sometime in March. No feedback regarding the dated schedules page.Anyone on the board know what the 2008 OOC schedule looks like at this point?
Supposedly, at Syracuse, at Army, at Kentucky and home to Cincinnati. This is from a site that updates DAILY, yet it still has Wisconsin game on the schedule. So, take it for what it is worth:http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/college...dules/akron.htm

multiple choice:a. another technical screw upb. the news conference is delayedc. the university has dropped footballd. none of the above
On the right side of the gozips.com home page you'll see the zipszone link. Click the tab that says "free." It lists a bunch of basketball features. Click one of those and it'll open a new window. When that opens, you'll see the press conference link available under the "live" tab on the new page. :)