Stadium Cams Are Live!!!!!

K-Roo

It looks like things have slowed down, doesn't it? I was hoping for more steel to go up by now.
Yeah. I haven't been paying close attention, but I suspect they are working on more concrete collumns. Before the last batch of iron went up, then spent a few weeks putting up those concrete pillars that are between the steelwork and the lower bowl. I think they are doing more of those on the south side now.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like things have slowed down, doesn't it? I was hoping for more steel to go up by now.
Yeah. I haven't been paying close attention, but I suspect they are working on more concrete collumns. Before the last batch of iron went up, then spent a few weeks putting up those concrete pillars that are between the steelwork and the lower bowl. I think they are doing more of those on the south side now.
The CAM's don't do the site true justice. There tons of work going on and friend of mine's just got back from Akron and couldn't believe what they got done last week alone while he was there.There steel going up out of view and look at how much steel work they completed last week in view including installing the steel where the upper deck will come into the club seats infront of the suites.I beg to differ. They still appear to be working like gangbusters to me.

The second half of the Pressbox/loge tower is really starting to get some vertical steel. I thought the first half was rather imposing the last time I toured campus but once it's a full 100 yards it's going to look very massive.
Keep in mind not only will the tower run a full 100 yards. It has another 3 floors to be added. :blink:

Don't know if anyone was aware of this, but this thread is now the longest thread in ZNO HISTORY! Remember, you can always rely on me to report completely meaningless facts that nobody cares about! :P
I did not KNOW that! Perfectly acceptable, I think, in this relatively slow window of the Akron sports calendar! Better get the rest of the meaningless stuff off your chest now - I think the window of opportunity is beginning to close with the start of football practice.

Just wanted to add a reply and bump this back up the football forum. Looking at cam one, for those of you that can't get down to look at the site, there is some construction equipment operating. It really gives you perspective as to how HUGE that press tower is.

Just wanted to add a reply and bump this back up the football forum. Looking at cam one, for those of you that can't get down to look at the site, there is some construction equipment operating. It really gives you perspective as to how HUGE that press tower is.
Thanks for bumping it up! And she is looking impressive! Also, strickly technically speaking, I don't think what we're looking at in Cam 1 is actually the press tower - I think that is currently only the upper echelon of the grandstand! I think the actual press tower will be another 3-4 stories higher than what were presently seeing in Cam 1! She's gonna make us proud!

I hadn't walked by the contruction site since early last week and was surprised how fast the masonry workers are going vertical on the west stands. It is hard to see in camera one but they have set concrete block up past the height of the steel on the fifth floor. Today they are laying cement block towards the sixth floor. It looks like a stairwell or elevator shaft from a distance. You can barely see it on the very right edge of camera one. They have a seperate smaller blue crane to left the materials up to that height.

looks like they're doing final prep for pouring concrete in the lower seating area (north end of home stands)... also more steel going up and they're excavating the south end of the field (removing the mountain of extra dirt).
Yeah, I noticed this morning they sprayed down the earth in the bowl stands, and later it appeared they were covering it with a layer of something (I dunno what... but they had a conveyor machine and stuff)

looks like they're doing final prep for pouring concrete in the lower seating area (north end of home stands)... also more steel going up and they're excavating the south end of the field (removing the mountain of extra dirt).
Yeah, I noticed this morning they sprayed down the earth in the bowl stands, and later it appeared they were covering it with a layer of something (I dunno what... but they had a conveyor machine and stuff)
From the color it Looks like some kind mixture like sand and gravel. I'd say they're in the final stages before pouring the lower stands.

From the color it Looks like some kind mixture like sand and gravel. I'd say their in the final stages before pouring the lower stands.
Looks like they are putting in the wire mesh for that today... maybe they'll pour next week?Also noticed in cam 3 that the utilities along the street are gone. Wonder if they are going to start on the end zone building?

From the color it Looks like some kind mixture like sand and gravel. I'd say their in the final stages before pouring the lower stands.
Looks like they are putting in the wire mesh for that today... maybe they'll pour next week?Also noticed in cam 3 that the utilities along the street are gone. Wonder if they are going to start on the end zone building?
That is wire mesh they're installing on the home side.I also tuned in today as the utility poles came down. :wave: I believe the endzone building construction can't be to far behind.I read in the article about the team feeding the construction workers. That the press tower will be 45 more feet higher then it is right now. :blink: I knew they had three more floors. But, I never thought they were going to be that large.I believe the word HUGE is understatment. :blink: