NWAkron
Members-
Posts
7,028 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
73
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Blogs
Everything posted by NWAkron
-
2025-26 Post Mortem and Looking Ahead to 2026-27
NWAkron replied to Zippy87's topic in Akron Zips Basketball
How dare KD take Tavion and how dare Groce take Conner. -
2025-26 Post Mortem and Looking Ahead to 2026-27
NWAkron replied to Zippy87's topic in Akron Zips Basketball
Apparently, he has an official visit to PCCC on Monday. -
2025-26 Post Mortem and Looking Ahead to 2026-27
NWAkron replied to Zippy87's topic in Akron Zips Basketball
The rain blew but everyone made the most out of it. Kinda have to find the humor in situations. I learned at the event that there were significant negotiations with Bowen until Groce swooped in. But now Bowen is out at COC and still hoping to bring him back. But like with Evan and Reese wanting and getting don't always mesh. -
September 22 - Robert Morris
NWAkron replied to Zips1991's topic in Akron Zips NCAA Championship Soccer
If Zips lose or tie this, may be time for Ger to take over the program. -
And look at the publicity Miami received for that schedule.
-
"Amazes" me that no school wants to play Akron, a team that hasn't one an important game outside of the MAC in what? Never!
-
want us to blindly commit to season tickets
-
What's the connection to the golf outing?
-
Back to the 15 man rotation.
-
https://akronzippedup.substack.com/p/the-state-of-akron-football-through?r=4gotw8&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email Quality article from ZippedUp. Related question: Why has CMU announced their QB and Akron hasn't?
-
Any Update/Feedback on Today's Scrimmage?
NWAkron replied to ZippyDoo's topic in Akron Zips Football
https://akronzippedup.substack.com/p/the-state-of-akron-football-through?r=4gotw8&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email ZippedUp asks some tough questions about the ghost quarterback. -
Any Update/Feedback on Today's Scrimmage?
NWAkron replied to ZippyDoo's topic in Akron Zips Football
Then don't agree. And, thanks, but I will move on when I'm ready. Not sure when that will be, but I will let you know. And you can "tell" me if it's ok to move on. -
Any Update/Feedback on Today's Scrimmage?
NWAkron replied to ZippyDoo's topic in Akron Zips Football
You told me once again..oh, wait..I see Akron shorts and an Akron towel on Beals but not on Reese. An oversight I'm sure. -
Any Update/Feedback on Today's Scrimmage?
NWAkron replied to ZippyDoo's topic in Akron Zips Football
What I notice is that in the photo he isn't wearing any Zips gear. Either this is a big publicity stunt... (waiting for big reveal of the QB)...or a colossal dud. -
Any Update/Feedback on Today's Scrimmage?
NWAkron replied to ZippyDoo's topic in Akron Zips Football
non-existent. huge whiff by all involved in recruiting R.P. -
last day for the poll. Looks like 2011 is the favorite: I guess Quincy Diggs starting a fight was a bonus.
-
I know one day when I think of the "wrong side of history" the Wisne decision will be right up there with Dred Scott, Koremastu, and Plessy v Ferguson.
-
who from the NCAA pleaded the fifth? was there a hearing about this new proposed rule?
-
using terms like "smokey backroom bastards" doesn't strengthen your argument. A panel of federal circuit judges probably doesn't have the intelligence, impartiality, and legal acumen of those posting on a random D1 message board.
-
I likely side with the NCAA on this. They have set down some very clear rules that everyone can follow. Life isn't always fair. These players complain that they didn't get the years that covid players did. Well, there were many schools and players that lost quite a bit because of 2020.
-
These State court judges are the worst people to decide these issues. They will always come down on the side of the local universities.
-
the Wisne case is nationwide injuction for a certain class of athletes. Because it is federal it takes precedent over the ohio judges' decisions. however, the Wisne case is limited to a select class of athletes: Who it covers: Division I athletes who began competing in 2022–23 and finished four seasons by 2025–26. What it does: Prevents the NCAA from denying this specific group a fifth year of eligibility under new transition/age rules. Key limitations: It does not override general transfer portal windows, age caps over 24, professional contract restrictions, or roster/revenue limits. Evan isn't transferring. Amani and Tavari weren't in the portal (right?) so they may be out of luck.
