Chris Jacquemain

zipsqb11

Some people who know his history may have an issue with this. I have read and sympathize with his family and the family of Tyler Campbell. They are both very tragic losses. With Chris being kicked off the team that year, I am not sure that it is even a possibility.

I would like to think the University would do something to support their families and the movement that the Campbells have started.

I'd like UofA to put bad memories in the past starting with keeping Faust from sitting behind the bench at basketball games, but that isn't what this topic is about.

The suspension of CJ started the ball rolling on a disastrous season that ended in the firing of a coach and the hiring of Coach I a few months later. I'm at a total loss as what there is to "honor" here.

Do I feel sorry for his family? Hell yes! Do I feel sorry for him and want him to be honored? Hell no! He was a junkie who stole from his teammates and ultimately killed himself because he allowed himself to go down the wrong path. It's not like he was smoking a little weed like many of us did in college, he was a full fledged smack addict.

I'd like UofA to put bad memories in the past starting with keeping Faust from sitting behind the bench at basketball games, but that isn't what this topic is about.

The suspension of CJ started the ball rolling on a disastrous season that ended in the firing of a coach and the hiring of Coach I a few months later. I'm at a total loss as what there is to "honor" here.

Do I feel sorry for his family? Hell yes! Do I feel sorry for him and want him to be honored? Hell no! He was a junkie who stole from his teammates and ultimately killed himself because he allowed himself to go down the wrong path. It's not like he was smoking a little weed like many of us did in college, he was a full fledged smack addict.

With all due respect to CJ, Here here!

Maybe honoring was a poor choice of words but I think you should educate yourself on addiction. It is a huge problem in this country right now.

Maybe honoring was a poor choice of words but I think you should educate yourself on addiction. It is a huge problem in this country right now.

Addiction has been a problem in this country and world for a long, long time. Just because some think that it should not be a topic in every forum on the face of the planet does not mean that they need educated in addiction. One of the things related to addiction is the concept of "Boundaries". There is a time and a place for everything and addicts have little to no concept of those two factors.

I agree. CBS's Sunday Morning just did a segment on this problem this past Sunday. I believe these type of overdoses are up 75% (160,000 in 2006 to 280,000 current). Suburban teens and young adults are being affected the most.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-3445_162-57596...oked-on-heroin/

I agree. CBS's Sunday Morning just did a segment on this problem this past Sunday. I believe these type of overdoses are up 75% (160,000 in 2006 tp 280,000 current). Suburban teens and young adults are being affected the most.

Of course hard drug use is up on the suburbs. It always has been. One has to have a lot of money to buy these types of drugs. The inner city has always been a place for low level drug use like pot and for whatever reason, the War on Drugs has focused on inner city pot use. It makes no sense.

Here is my question. If overdoses were up 75% in the inner city as a result of heroine, would CBS Sunday Morning run a story?

I'm sure Chris meant a lot to his family and friends, who have great memories of him and saw the complete picture of who he was despite his shortcomings, but the damage he inflicted upon this football program will ensure that he is never a cherished figure on Buchtel Ave. We'll leave the honoring to those family and friends while Zip fans give proper respect to the dead and move on.

• 4 years later...