MAC Hoops 18-19

zippy5

10 minutes ago, ZipsVoice said:

The fact that monrowe is a new poster here and his tag is from Washington DC tells me he's one of those elected officials that sure knows a thing or two about what they're talking about!  Heck, let's legislate change to the whole damn N-C-A-A to make it easier for anyone to identify as whatever conference they feel like being in today!  :bow:  Either that or he's a 23 year old living in his elected official Mom or Dad's basement, just trolling to get attention....sad....:unsure:

You can have different teams in other conferences look at West Virginia soccer.

is that you George Thomas?

10 minutes ago, monrowe said:

You can have different teams in other conferences look at West Virginia soccer.

is that you George Thomas?

West Virginia's main conference (Big 12) does not sponsor men's soccer... 

The SEC also does not have men's soccer, hence Kentucky previously being in the MAC as well.

Would have taken you 5 seconds to look up.

Edited by UAZippers
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

And just what conference would you propose for the Zips??  You previously stated "Akron doesn’t have the personal to be good in any sport except soccer."  What conference would want that?

My Canadian friends who thought that Buffalo had outgrown the MAC during football season are sure of it now. Their preference is the American Athletic Conference, and they are convinced it will happen soon. They reference working out details with Wichita State and Navy (but I'm not sure what that means). 

Other schools move from conference to conference up down side to side,I’m just suggesting what conference might work because the Mac is not.I want the UofA to get to the next level.

I just wanted to start a fire thanks for the fuel!

Man this form is gangster.

14 hours ago, UAZippers said:

West Virginia's main conference (Big 12) does not sponsor men's soccer... 

The SEC also does not have men's soccer, hence Kentucky previously being in the MAC as well.

Would have taken you 5 seconds to look up.

Maybe,When the Big East sponsored D-l football Hoya sax,(Georgetown) played in the Patriot League D-11 & Hoya sax never even scheduled a Big East school for a non conference football game and there part of the Big East.

Maybe the UofA might consider this type of venture? Or something?

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:43 PM, GJGood said:

Arizona State -St. Johns winner vs. Buffalo in Tulsa, OK, approx. 4:00pm Friday TNT

Toledo at Xavier in the NIT, 7;00pm Wednesday ESPN3

Central Michigan at DePaul in the CBI, 8:00pm Wednesday

PCCC at Louisiana-Monroe in the CiT, 8:00pm Thursday

Buffalo defeated Arizona State in Tulsa before going down to 3 seed Texas Tech in the NCAA Tournament. The other three MAC squads all went one and done on the road in their respective postseasons. I still think the MAC was stronger this season than most but 1-4 in the postseason doesn't say much. To be fair the NIT, CBI, and CiT didn't do the MAC squads any favors by putting them up against some pretty decent opponents (compared to other teams that hosted). I was just hoping Buffalo, Toledo, or CMU could have made some sort of run to keep the MAC flag flying a little longer.

The problem with the CBI, CIT, and even at times the NIT is that often times one team shows up and wants to win and the other comes in deflated just wanting their season to be over. I don't know if that was the case or not with any of the other MAC teams as the only games I watched were Buffalo's.

Edited by kreed5120

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Who would ever want to leave DeKalb?

It's lovely this time of year.

If Montgomery could only "recruit Chicago.". On Kitten Attack, they want Boals to bring in DJ Cooper as an asst coach because Cooper could "recruit Chicago."

Edited by NWAkron

What player with a long list of options would ever choose to play for NIU? In just the state of Illinois alone, I'd place their basketball program behind Bradley, Depaul,  Illinois State, Illinois, Loyola, Northwestern, and Southern Illinois. Heck even UIC might be a more attractive place for a player since it's actually in Chicago. NIU went all in on football neglecting their basketball program. It's why they're so far down on the totem pole in basketball. What they really need to have some success is find under the radar talent that fell through the cracks. It's hard to find that talent in an area as heavily recruited as Chicago.

• Like 1