MAC Men's Basketball 2021-2022

LoyalZIP

3 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

I feel you. It’s been a straight up 💩 show for UA athletics since the soccer game kicked off Thursday. Gotta keep an eye on the big picture.

All those MAC teams got knocked out in 2nd round of soccer (not counting WVU).  Think of it this way, they didn't have to bus, house, and feed them in KY.  Money saved.

• 2 weeks later...

And just as a reminder that it is possible to schedule a reasonable set of OOC opponents here is Toledo's schedule: @Valpo, Detroit, @Oakland, Charlotte, Tulane, Coastal Carolina, Northwest Ohio, @Michigan State, Bradley, @Richmond, Marshall. I'd take that schedule any day of the week. And the Rockets are currently 7-2 against it with Bradley, Richmond and Marshall remaining.  Charlotte, Tulane and and Coastal were all in the Bahamas tournament.  Come on Charles we have faith in you :-) 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2021 at 9:04 PM, LoyalZIP said:

The Suffield Fashion Design School Flushes fall to Towson 73-58 at the MAC Center. It was 19-2 at one point and the Flushes got it all the way down to 61-58 with 5:50 left and they didn’t score another point. 

Towson then went on to Columbus and gave them a run for their money so maybe Garrettsville A & T's loss wasn't as awful as it looks.

On 12/10/2021 at 12:35 PM, MDZip said:

And just as a reminder that it is possible to schedule a reasonable set of OOC opponents here is Toledo's schedule: @Valpo, Detroit, @Oakland, Charlotte, Tulane, Coastal Carolina, Northwest Ohio, @Michigan State, Bradley, @Richmond, Marshall. I'd take that schedule any day of the week. And the Rockets are currently 7-2 against it with Bradley, Richmond and Marshall remaining.  Charlotte, Tulane and and Coastal were all in the Bahamas tournament.  Come on Charles we have faith in you 🙂

I would just replace Detroit or Oakland, but for Toledo they are next door neighbors. I hadn't heard of the U. of NW Ohio Racers before.

Edited by ZippyRulz

1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

I'm watching FIU at EMU. In the 4th OT on ESPN+.

No one really wants to leave. Teams have to be pushing 50 combined turnovers and shooting 35% from the field.

EMU wins by 4. 92-88. The Eagles scored 55 points in regulation. Typical Rob Murphy... I mean... errrm... Stan Heath?

I heard today that after the WVU/Garrettsville Fashion and Animal Husbandry College game someone asked Huggins why he scheduled teams like our Portage County rivals and he responded along the lines that going back to his time with the Zips he always enjoys putting it on the Flushes!  

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

I heard today that after the WVU/Garrettsville Fashion and Animal Husbandry College game someone asked Huggins why he scheduled teams like our Portage County rivals and he responded along the lines that going back to his time with the Zips he always enjoys putting it on the Flushes!  

Also, I didn’t watch a second of the game but I heard Pinky got tossed. 

28 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

If this is true I love Huggy Bear even more.

From what I've seen/read, it looks like the Zips and the Rockets might be 3/4. 4/3 in the MAC power rankings behind UB-OU. And even if Akron is No. 4, the Zips depth should be the ace in the hole down the stretch of the season. After that, perhaps Miami with all of their seniors is the real deal, or maybe BG comes around.  As for the team down the road, they seem to have depth issues as well. Several games of theirs (Xavier, Towson, West Virginia) have been competitively close until the final 8-minutes or so when they seem to run out of gas. Backcourt is solid but baseline players whistle through the graveyard. Their two SEC transfers have been injured and out of action for the most part leaving them with a very young bench. They could get better as the season goes on ... or they could get worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RoyalBlu said:

From what I've seen/read, it looks like the Zips and the Rockets might be 3/4. 4/3 in the MAC power rankings behind UB-OU. And even if Akron is No. 4, the Zips depth should be the ace in the hole down the stretch of the season. After that, perhaps Miami with all of their seniors is the real deal, or maybe BG comes around.  As for the team down the road, they seem to have depth issues as well. Several games of theirs (Xavier, Towson, West Virginia) have been competitively close until the final 8-minutes or so when they seem to run out of gas. Backcourt is solid but baseline players whistle through the graveyard. Their two SEC transfers have been injured and out of action for the most part leaving them with a very young bench. They could get better as the season goes on ... or they could get worse.

I don't know if we know what the MAC is yet. I definitely think it's a combination of Akron/Canada/BFE Ohio U/UT/PCCC at the top of the conference, but it has been that way for some time now (minus the random BUGS/Balls/EMU runs). PCCC always tends to get better as the season progresses, but "better" is limited by Pinky's low ceiling.