NLI National Letter of Intent (Late) Day 2022

During this little break, I checked out 247. 

- We are now 10th in the MAC with a class rating of .8202.

- Tyhler Williams is still a No Star, and his profile has not been updated with the ASU offer. I expect both to change. 

- Our National Recruit Ranking is 123, but when looking at the Overall list (which includes transfers), we're at 107.

- Piggy-backing off the previous point, the Overall MAC rankings go as follows: Buffalo (65), Miami OH (88), Toledo (96), KSUcks (99), CMU (100), Balls (103), NIU (105), Akron (107), BUGS (116), WMU (118), EMU (126), and Ohio (141).

EDIT: OU is now at 142. The list of 150 schools includes FCS, and OU is behind several FCS schools. Wow.

- Of note (as a barometer): Jackson State (Coach Deion Sanders) is at 75 with a Five Star and a Four Star; Liberty is at 87; Coastal Carolina is at 85. 

- Keep in mind, most of our competition had their coaching staff in place prior to this off-season, so they had Commits/LOIs during the early signing period. 

What JoeMo & Co. have done in 2 months is quite impressive. Looking forward to any afternoon news (WHO IS THE POTENTIAL 4*?!).

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

So with 21 players signed, we should be right at or just below the 85 scholarship limit. With the new rules, we should still have the ability to add up to 11 more players. Of course, that would mean a similar number of players transfer out since we are at or near the cap. 

Have to imagine spring ball will be telling for our coaches and players, as well as players all across the country in terms of who is a fit or not. Offhand, I’d still like to see a transfer at QB, CB, and OL and I think we’ll be sitting pretty to be competitive in 2022 and hopefully somewhere around .500.

12 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

GIF by Looney Tunes

From our Director of Recruiting. Doesn't seem like any more commits today, at least on scholly. I hope we get a presser or video like in most previous years though with the staff briefly going over each commit.