Jump to content

catdaddyp

Members
  • Posts

    2,565
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    118

Everything posted by catdaddyp

  1. Really strange. Any chance some type of resentment has built up with those schools and the Akron football program over the years? Not saying it’s happening here, but I have seen high schools blackball coaching staffs before about certain events they felt slighted over. It’s a new staff so I wouldn’t think that would be the case, but IDK.
  2. And with no fanfare it seems Nyeem Wartman is officially the DL coach.
  3. Guessing PWO after watching some of his film.
  4. Yeah, he’s another interesting one. Clearly has the talent to play at a P5. I do wonder which of the other offers still stand. Miss. State, Liberty, and Jackson State had coaching changes. Duke is probably off the table. Who knows what Vanderbilt, MTSU, and Campbell’s boards look like at this point. I’d have to think we are in a great position to land him.
  5. Thanks! Not sure how he slipped my radar. Updated profile with offers here.
  6. Yeah, I’m just going off the prospects they have committed. I’m still working on getting some ranked and even though all their new ratings will probably be 2 stars, it should bump them up in the team rankings some. Heres some junior year film on Messiah Blair. He has the potential to become a monster off the edge. Here’s film on Joe Walker. Not sure if he’ll play WR or S, but either way he’s impressive. Here’s film on CB Daiquan White. He’s a kid we offered, but didn’t land. It’s not just a top heavy class either. For example, they also landed two JUCOs we offered. CB Jaheim Jenkins and Ugo Nosike. I’m not sure if they will be able to pull off 9 wins again though. Despite having a strong recruiting class, they were a veteran team last year and have some holes to fill.
  7. Long time WR commitment who the staff made every attempt to keep in the fold. After his final visit, he posted his “recruitment was 100% open.” Underrated 2 star who may eventually work himself into some minutes at Ole Miss. He would have had an excellent chance at playing time here, but he should do what he deems best for his college career.
  8. Sounds like Lester received a walk-on opportunity at Ole Miss.
  9. Here’s some film of him playing OG. My favorite clips are at the backend starting around the 1:30 mark when he can be seen working in space. One thing is for sure, the athleticism along the offensive line has greatly improved since JRod took over.
  10. Bump for update. A number of these guys have “recruitment 100% open” on their social media and no new offers are coming.
  11. Mimouni received an offer from Tulsa. The further away from his visit we get without a commitment the less I like our chances. Hopefully, we have an answer soon.
  12. First post is updated. If anyone notices some players I missed, let me know.
  13. Probably a little of both. He moves extremely well for someone his size and it’s hard to recruit elite linemen. He fits right in with the size and athleticism of the other OL JRod has recruited. He’s just more raw at this stage.
  14. It blows my mind how both those teams only managed to win 5 games with the amount of talent they had.
  15. I don’t know the ins and outs of all these rosters so if I listed someone who shouldn’t be under key departures for graduation, let me know. I’m just going off a combination of games played and snaps.
  16. Thomas and Lott would be steals in my opinion. Mimouni would fill a need and has a high upside. Not sure if Morris would be OL or DL, but he’s certainly athletic.
  17. Bump for updates.
  18. He’s raw, but there is no denying he’s an athlete.
  19. I’m going to make him a profile soon, but he’s listed at 6’4” 270lbs.
  20. My opinion regarding HS/JUCO recruiting (in the MAC) for the 2023 class: - Eastern Michigan should be #1. - #2-#8 should be between Akron, Central Michigan, Miami, Buffalo, Western Michigan, Toledo, and Ohio. All of these schools have some strong players and there isn’t too much separation between any of them. - #9-11 should be Northern Illinois, Ball State, and Bowling Green. - Kent State should be last. As for the transfers: - Our class may turn out to be just as strong as any other outside of Kent State. It looks like Burns has taken a similar approach to JoeMo of last year and has decided to really hit the portal hard in his first year. He’s landed some talented players, but it remains to be seen how well they are coached. I strongly feel we are recruiting on par with the better teams in the MAC at this point. Now it comes down to development and coaching. I’ll go through and update key departures soon.
  21. DB Joey Hunter was given a 2 star portal ranking.
  22. DT Terray Jones has been given a 3 star portal ranking. DE Ahmad Rabah has yet to be ranked.
  23. Absolutely. The best I could do linking the teams that do not have a Rivals page is the search menu, but that is not a user friendly experience. I’ve sent several ideas to Rivals about how to improve the G5 schools setups. It’s an old database that’s used (2001 I believe), so I’m not sure how much can be done (or will be done). Would it be beneficial it also include our own recruits on this list?
  24. This will be the first year Rivals has incorporated transfer rankings, so I’m not sure if they will be kept separate or combined for an overall team ranking. I separated the HS/JUCO signings from the Portal because right now the team rankings at Rivals only include HS/JUCO. They are just giving individual portal ratings at the moment. ON3 and 247 give out more 3 stars than Rivals (same is probably true for 4 stars, but I haven’t bothered diving deeper into that). The recruiting services are subscription based and how the companies sustain their business. By giving out more 3 stars, players are more likely to add that to their profiles on social media platforms and in return give those recruiting services more views. Same can be said for team websites as they want to put the players’ best ratings in their player profiles. For the most part, ON3 and 247 would rather leave players at no stars than give a 2 star, however they will give out a handful. Rivals tends to give most G5 commitments 2 stars and usually don’t bother giving FCS players a rating. If a current 3 star commits to a G5, he may keep that rating or may be bumped down. On the flip side, if a 2 star commits to a P5 he has a chance to receive a star bump. That’s just how the game is played, so take the ratings with a grain of salt. I said months ago that I thought Max Tucker (and Lester Miller amongst a few others) were underrated. Max Tucker is still 2 star but ended up signing with a P5 (Boston College). We have some talented players in this class and, in my opinion, have come very close to closing the overall talent gap with the rest of the MAC. In fact, I believe we’ve already passed a number of teams.
×
×
  • Create New...