Jump to content

Zips1991

Members
  • Posts

    819
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

Everything posted by Zips1991

  1. Now that they're actually playing, I want Miami to lose. But, I will not get my hopes up in the first half. I repeat, I will not get my hopes up in the first half.
  2. I would also prefer to beat Miami in the championship game but ultimately, as long as we win the tournament, I won't really care who we beat.
  3. I'll give you every game, but it's pretty standard stuff. 😅 Miami over UMass Toledo over BG Akron over Buffalo Kent over Ohio Miami over Toledo Akron over Kent Akron over Miami
  4. Spreads for the Quarterfinals are below. Will there be any upsets? Akron (-12.5) over Buffalo Miami (-7.5) over UMass Toledo (-1.5) over BG Kent (-3.5) over Ohio
  5. Toledo is favored by 1.5 over BG. The Kent game still isn't listed yet.
  6. I saw him wiping away tears during the senior night ceremony.
  7. While I'd like Akron to spend more money on Athletics, because I'm a sports fan, I'm not sure how many more students are going to enroll at a University because they win the MAC. It's not like Miami is going to consistently be in the national spotlight. They are right now in basketball because several close games went their way, but even with additional big spending, it would be very difficult to see them making national noise consistently while still in the MAC (or even if they move to the SBC or whatever). It seems like a bad financial decision to me, I guess is what I'm saying. 😉
  8. Interesting, who was the email from?
  9. Three guys recalled on the same day? Did they have some injuries happen?
  10. Zips are favored by 13.5 against Buffalo with an O/U of 162.5. Miami is favored by 7.5 over UMass, and for some reason the other two games are not listed yet.
  11. Right. I don't see how he's to blame for kids' math test results. Also, no one is taking into account how ridiculous standardized tests are. These kids are from disadvantaged backgrounds, so they likely are behind already before starting at the iPromise school. Just because they don't pass the standardized test doesn't mean the school isn't helping to improve their education. Not all "failure" on tests is the same.
  12. I prefer not to think about how we let a good coach leave and take another local school to the conference final, while we missed the conference tournament completely.
  13. I know it's a tall task, but if we were to beat Miami in the Championship game AND win a NCAA tourney game, it would be a program-changing week for Akron basketball. Not saying anything we don't all know already though, I guess. 😅
  14. I saw on a "Tournament Resume" graphic yesterday that our highest NET win was against Toledo, which really surprised me because I didn't realize they had moved ahead of Kent and BG in the NET. But either way, we're definitely lacking a "big" win.
  15. I feel like we need multiple contributors via the portal if we're gonna be close to the same level next year. We're losing so much and have so little experience coming back.
  16. I think the contrast between how much NIL hurts our football but helps our MBB is amazing.
  17. My confirmation email went to my Spam folder in Gmail, so maybe check there.
  18. When you've ordered in the past, did you receive an email and/or tracking number when your order was shipped?
  19. If he leveled up from last year, he's in for a huge year!
  20. I saw that the Buffalo head coach said that, at this time, they don't expect Freitag to be back for the MAC Tournament but he's continuing to be evaluated.
  21. No code needed, just go to this link and change the quantity from 0 to however many you need. https://gozips.evenue.net/event/MB25/MAC01
  22. Anyone going up to the match?
  23. Here's the odds from Draft Kings.
  24. Good point, I just like a guarantee.
  25. Nah, let's keep it how it is so either OU or Kent are guaranteed to get eliminated on Thursday 😆
×
×
  • Create New...