Jump to content

Zips1991

Members
  • Posts

    821
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    23

Everything posted by Zips1991

  1. I checked in to see how our three most recent Zips have been doing. After starting just one of the first four matches for Crown Legacy, Ashton has started the last four matches in a row. Austin FC 2 have only played 6 matches so far and Stefan has appeared in all 6 matches including 4 starts. One assist. Mitch Budler has not appeared yet for Pittsburgh but has been on the bench for 7 of the past 8 matches.
  2. Zips Baseball sweeps OU in Athens to improve to 20-24 and 10-14 in the MAC. Both are the highest winning percentages since the program returned. Baby steps in the right direction? The downside is they have 9 conference games left against three very good programs (Kent, CMU, and Miami).
  3. Women's soccer is doing a pop-up team store through BSN Sports. Great way to support the program and great way for fans to get some nice Nike gear. Plus, it's great for men's soccer fans too as it all says "Akron Soccer" and not gender specific. https://bsnteamsports.com/shop/GOZIPS26
  4. Women's soccer is doing a pop-up team store. Great way to support the program and great way for fans to get some nice Nike gear. Great for men's soccer fans too as it all says "Akron Soccer" and not gender specific. https://bsnteamsports.com/shop/GOZIPS26
  5. MAC Tournament is at Robert Morris even though they didn't qualify. (They're in the MAC for Lacrosse.) EDIT: They actually did end up sneaking in as the 4 seed. Akron knocked CMU out with the win.
  6. UMass finishes the MAC regular season 7-0 to win the regular season title. Akron is currently beating CMU and looks like we'll finish 6-1 to get the #2 seed. The tournament is only the top 4 seeds. so a rematch might be in the cards very soon.
  7. Softball won two more yesterday and are now 19-4 in the MAC with 4 conference games left. 2nd and 3rd place both have 14 wins but have more games remaining so I don't think we've quite clinched the regular season title but are getting very close.
  8. I need someone to explain to me like I'm 5 why he rates so well by these metrics but his stats were just so-so.
  9. Also, men's soccer and women's swimming have had the same coach for a long time which keeps alumni more active.
  10. Soccer goal was $30k when I saw it earlier. They must've upped it because they were doing so well.
  11. Great win! (also, it should obviously be "flies" not "fly's". 🫠
  12. Oh wow, I saw they lost but didn't know the situation. But still, 2 of 3 on the road is good!
  13. I like to think that a former Mr Basketball in Ohio would be able to become a good MAC player. So, I think it's a good addition!
  14. WLAX seems like the one sport where the addition of UMass may pose a real problem for other schools. That's our only conference loss. Lacrosse is obviously much more popular in that area of the country.
  15. Maybe it's just me but do the highlights not look that impressive? Especially for highlights.
  16. I thought we had an NFL-bound offensive tackle that I didn't know about until I listened to the clip. 🤣
  17. Are we all back up and running now? Lol seems like the site was down for a while. Anyways, Coach Ford tweeted the Kangaroo GIF again so it appears we got another commitment but I haven't heard any news on who it might be.
  18. Realistically, I need to wait until we see the full roster. But I'm just gonna say that if we keep Eric, we're winning the MAC again. 😅
  19. I thought Covid had killed it, but based on the question, it sounded like it had been longer than that. They said it had been since the Dambrot days.
  20. Why is it so hard for us to do something like this? Maybe it can happen now that we have BSN as part of the deal. https://bsnteamsports.com/shop/YSUNK226
  21. Oh okay, I missed the beginning of the press conference. Thanks!
  22. I'm wondering if it's in addition to Burton? I assume so.
  23. The amount of trophies on the stage is ridiculous. We're blessed. 😇
  24. Oh, that's not exciting. But I suppose you gotta fill the roster and he's got experience in the MAC at least.
  25. Wait, who is Burton?
×
×
  • Create New...